Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 01 Oct 2005, 04:31
Markgway wrote: I only want the first two films - but it's £30 quid for those alone!!
Have you looked on cd-wow? The R2UK and R3K releases of the Batman SE are £8.99 after discount, the R3K Returns SE is also £8.99 after discount.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 01 Oct 2005, 17:30
Yeah, but Romero has put me off regarding R3 versions.
Besides I generally stick to R1/2 for western movies (Leon being an exception).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 01 Oct 2005, 21:16
Markgway wrote: Yeah, but Romero has put me off regarding R3 versions.
Besides I generally stick to R1/2 for western movies (Leon being an exception).
take no notice the warner r3 versions are just as good as the region 1 counterparts,recently had excellent warner r3 discs of constantine & house of wax.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 17 Oct 2005, 21:57
Any idea if the R4 of Batman Returns is cut like the UK?
Oh, and do those hideous censor ratings peel off the front?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 17 Oct 2005, 22:59
Warner R3 seem perfect copies of other countries as are Fox dvds
cheaper companies skimp on quality, R3 for Warner and Fox dont
but cheap R2 Warners from cdwow are bad sometimes, as R2 is a big place, they keep sending me dddgy Russian dvds!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 17 Oct 2005, 23:27
The Batman titles are listed as R2/4 which is how AUS editions are denoted.
I assumed that all R2 titles were UK unless stated.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 18 Oct 2005, 17:33
You can never ever tell with cdwow, they can be still R2 even if they say R4 as well, but its free to send things back if your not satisfied
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 18 Oct 2005, 20:54
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 19 Oct 2005, 08:17
Yuk!
R1/non UK R2 it is then!
And you thought the old R4 ratings banners were bad!
Batman a PG but B&R is M rated? Some mistake surely?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 19 Oct 2005, 14:23
grim_tales wrote: Yuk!
R1/non UK R2 it is then!
...and non-R4 as well...
And you thought the old R4 ratings banners were bad!
Yeah, these new ones are atrocious. I think they must've been designed by Aussie who wear corked hats!!
Batman a PG but B&R is M rated? Some mistake surely?
Seems odd. "Moderate Coarse langauge" Eh??
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 19 Oct 2005, 15:13
Batman/Batman and Robins ratings should be the other way round IMO.
How do the Aussie ratings go? Its':
G (like our U)
PG (what it says)
M
MA
R (like our 18)
I think!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 19 Oct 2005, 17:21
I know what you meant, Grim, about the ratings.
Here's the ratings I would give.
BATMAN [PG-13/12/M]
BATMAN RETURNS [PG-13/15/MA]
BATMAN FOREVER [PG-13/12/M]
BATMAN & ROBIN [BANNED]
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 19 Oct 2005, 17:34
I don't remember much of the first 2 movies TBH and havent seen Forever before.
B&R was bloody awful
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 19 Oct 2005, 19:01
Oh, alright...
BATMAN & ROBIN [PG/PG/PG]
Well, it's the most sanitised of the lot...
Not that being a PG makes it a crap film. Being crap makes it a crap film. 8)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 19 Oct 2005, 19:35
Yeah, you know Arnie's enterance line in that was from The Simpsons?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 19 Oct 2005, 23:29
Hehe B&R... Batman on Ice!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 20 Oct 2005, 00:36
Eva, you're from down under, right?
Don't those hideous ratings logos bother you?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 10 Nov 2005, 10:48
Markgway wrote: Don't those hideous ratings logos bother you?
I'm used to them. NZ has had rating stickers the same size as the new Aussie ones since at least 1993.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Nov 2005, 13:16
They're stuck over the Aussie logos Mark.
Up until recently they used to do the same in Ireland, as they share our DVDs.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799 Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Post
by slasher13 » 10 Nov 2005, 14:18
I've got the Korean boxset which has the same coverart as the Region 2 and is irreversible so now korean text on the otherside. Also all extras from Region 1 are there. Very happy with the boxset
Except for bloody Batman and Robin :x
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 10 Nov 2005, 17:12
slasher13 wrote: I've got the Korean boxset which has the same coverart as the Region 2 and is irreversible so now korean text on the otherside.
You mean reversible?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Nov 2005, 19:42
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799 Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Post
by slasher13 » 10 Nov 2005, 21:18
whoops, err yep that what i mean
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 11 Nov 2005, 03:13
Yeah, I can confirm that the R4 Returns (which I bought this afternoon on my way home) definitely has the Burton commentary - so thus it's uncut. BTW the R4 is also bloody cheap.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 11 Nov 2005, 11:19
Oh, I thought I mentioned it. I got the R4 almost two weeks ago and, yes, it is uncut. Funnily enough... I'm in the middle of listening to the audio com for it now. 8) I can only assume it's missing off the R2 because Burton talks over the cut footage? (He does) I've passed that bit.