Batman Returns: UK DVD will be cut!!

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:I only want the first two films - but it's £30 quid for those alone!! :roll:
Have you looked on cd-wow? The R2UK and R3K releases of the Batman SE are £8.99 after discount, the R3K Returns SE is also £8.99 after discount.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, but Romero has put me off regarding R3 versions.

Besides I generally stick to R1/2 for western movies (Leon being an exception).
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:Yeah, but Romero has put me off regarding R3 versions.

Besides I generally stick to R1/2 for western movies (Leon being an exception).
take no notice the warner r3 versions are just as good as the region 1 counterparts,recently had excellent warner r3 discs of constantine & house of wax.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Any idea if the R4 of Batman Returns is cut like the UK?

Oh, and do those hideous censor ratings peel off the front?
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Warner R3 seem perfect copies of other countries as are Fox dvds :) cheaper companies skimp on quality, R3 for Warner and Fox dont :)

but cheap R2 Warners from cdwow are bad sometimes, as R2 is a big place, they keep sending me dddgy Russian dvds! :roll:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The Batman titles are listed as R2/4 which is how AUS editions are denoted.

I assumed that all R2 titles were UK unless stated.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You can never ever tell with cdwow, they can be still R2 even if they say R4 as well, but its free to send things back if your not satisfied :)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Check out the outrageous censor logos on the R4 editions(!)

ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yuk! :o
R1/non UK R2 it is then!

And you thought the old R4 ratings banners were bad!
Batman a PG but B&R is M rated? Some mistake surely? :?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Yuk! :o
R1/non UK R2 it is then!
...and non-R4 as well...
And you thought the old R4 ratings banners were bad!
Yeah, these new ones are atrocious. I think they must've been designed by Aussie who wear corked hats!!
Batman a PG but B&R is M rated? Some mistake surely? :?
Seems odd. "Moderate Coarse langauge" Eh??
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Batman/Batman and Robins ratings should be the other way round IMO.
How do the Aussie ratings go? Its':

G (like our U)
PG (what it says)
M
MA
R (like our 18)
I think!
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I know what you meant, Grim, about the ratings.

Here's the ratings I would give.

BATMAN [PG-13/12/M]
BATMAN RETURNS [PG-13/15/MA]
BATMAN FOREVER [PG-13/12/M]
BATMAN & ROBIN [BANNED] :D
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
I don't remember much of the first 2 movies TBH and havent seen Forever before.
B&R was bloody awful :D :roll:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Oh, alright...

BATMAN & ROBIN [PG/PG/PG]

Well, it's the most sanitised of the lot...

Not that being a PG makes it a crap film. Being crap makes it a crap film. 8)
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, you know Arnie's enterance line in that was from The Simpsons? :roll:

:D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Hehe B&R... Batman on Ice! :lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Eva, you're from down under, right?

Don't those hideous ratings logos bother you?
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:Don't those hideous ratings logos bother you?
I'm used to them. NZ has had rating stickers the same size as the new Aussie ones since at least 1993.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

They're stuck over the Aussie logos Mark.

Up until recently they used to do the same in Ireland, as they share our DVDs.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

I've got the Korean boxset which has the same coverart as the Region 2 and is irreversible so now korean text on the otherside. Also all extras from Region 1 are there. Very happy with the boxset :)

Except for bloody Batman and Robin :x
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

slasher13 wrote:I've got the Korean boxset which has the same coverart as the Region 2 and is irreversible so now korean text on the otherside.
You mean reversible?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

:D
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

:oops: whoops, err yep that what i mean
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yeah, I can confirm that the R4 Returns (which I bought this afternoon on my way home) definitely has the Burton commentary - so thus it's uncut. BTW the R4 is also bloody cheap.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Oh, I thought I mentioned it. I got the R4 almost two weeks ago and, yes, it is uncut. Funnily enough... I'm in the middle of listening to the audio com for it now. 8) I can only assume it's missing off the R2 because Burton talks over the cut footage? (He does) I've passed that bit.