Page 1 of 1
The Distinguished Gentleman R2: Anamorphic?
Posted: 10 Jun 2005, 14:57
by Markgway
Anyoen know if the UK/R2 of this Eddie Murphy comedy is 16:9?
It came out end of March but I STILL can't find a review.
I have the R1 which is Non-anamorphic and like most early Disney releases a bit crap. I want to upgrade, but need to know if the UK release actually IS an upgrade?
Posted: 10 Jun 2005, 18:16
by bradavon
I would imagine it is as it was only released in March. I can't find any info on it though. I can't even find it on DVD Profiler to look at the cover art.
The R4 is anamorphic but only features a remixed soundtrack. The UK R2 is £6.99 at Play.
Posted: 11 Jun 2005, 10:50
by Markgway
I just checked at DVD Compare and even though they don't list the UK release (why?) all non-US releases are anamorphic so I would agree the UK is likely to be the same. Interestingly only the R1 is 2.0. The rest are 5.1. But since studios rarely scre-up audio I'm not worried. If it was a HK film I'D BE WORRIED!!

Posted: 11 Jun 2005, 11:06
by bradavon
I'd guess because it only came out in March and isn't a high profile title so it's not been updated yet. I'd also guess the R1 came out much earlier than the others.