The Distinguished Gentleman R2: Anamorphic?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

The Distinguished Gentleman R2: Anamorphic?

Post by Markgway »

Anyoen know if the UK/R2 of this Eddie Murphy comedy is 16:9?

It came out end of March but I STILL can't find a review.

I have the R1 which is Non-anamorphic and like most early Disney releases a bit crap. I want to upgrade, but need to know if the UK release actually IS an upgrade?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I would imagine it is as it was only released in March. I can't find any info on it though. I can't even find it on DVD Profiler to look at the cover art.

The R4 is anamorphic but only features a remixed soundtrack. The UK R2 is £6.99 at Play.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I just checked at DVD Compare and even though they don't list the UK release (why?) all non-US releases are anamorphic so I would agree the UK is likely to be the same. Interestingly only the R1 is 2.0. The rest are 5.1. But since studios rarely scre-up audio I'm not worried. If it was a HK film I'D BE WORRIED!! :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I'd guess because it only came out in March and isn't a high profile title so it's not been updated yet. I'd also guess the R1 came out much earlier than the others.
Post Reply