Saltysam's new year resolution...

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by Yi-Long »

... must have been to kick up dusty old topics. :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by saltysam »

don't tell Brad,he doesn't like it ;)
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by HungFist »

I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon" :mad:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by saltysam »

HungFist wrote:I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon" :mad:
lets get to more important issues...what colour undies Hung?? :evil:
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by HungFist »

saltysam wrote:
HungFist wrote:I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon" :mad:
lets get to more important issues...what colour undies Hung?? :evil:
wait, I'll check... Gray

Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by Markgway »

I think Sam has finally lost it... are any of these bumped threads actually worth checking out? :dontknow:
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:... are any of these bumped threads actually worth checking out? :dontknow:
Probably not Mark but given this board has about as much life in it as T-Rex i figure if i resurrect 20 threads and just one sparks some interest then it's job done.Don't get why it bothers you tbh.Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?figure me surprised.
working class blu-ray fan
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by Yi-Long »

Personally, I don't mind one bit, cause this board needs all the life it can get :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by Markgway »

It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them. A couple of threads and no one would've said a word... except maybe Brad? I just don't see the point.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?
Please explain why you've come to this conclusion? There's barely any point looking at this forum any more.
Markgway wrote:It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them.
Agreed. I guess Salty has had a shit new year.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
saltysam wrote:Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?
Please explain why you've come to this conclusion?
Do i really need to?
bradavon wrote:There's barely any point looking at this forum any more.
We very rarely agree but i'm with you 100% on this.it's decline is terminal i'm afraid and tbh the negativity shown by some of the few remaining regular posters doesn't help.for example,I speak to myself in the bargain forum for 99% of the time and the odd time i'll get a response it'll be to tell me it's not a bargain or that that the aussie dollar is shit...
Markgway wrote:It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them.
Agreed.[/quote] you and Mark are too full of your own self importance at times..At least Yi saw where i was coming from.Bumping those threads saw Bruce post more yesterday than he has in 3 years.But i'll refrain from doing it again in case the forum police come down hard on me.
Markgway wrote:I guess Salty has had a shit new year.
if having a quiet one at home with my wife equates to a shit new year in your eyes then who am i to dissuade you. :roll:
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:Do i really need to?
Given that I barely post any more and my post count is largely historical, yes.
saltysam wrote:I speak to myself in the bargain forum for 99% of the time
That is an odd one. Few bother posting them any more. I do still but as you know I barely look any more.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by saltysam »

Am i allowed to make a new year's resolution on January 2nd?
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by brooce-leroy »

It does have a use as salty said. I don't want to see this forum disappear, as there used to be a great cameraderie on here. :) Some of the topics interested me, and also it was good to read up on how you guys are getting on, the trials and tribulations etc. :D As for the bargains, i appreciate salty posting them as i pop in now and again to see if there is anything worth getting, although i haven't posted to talk about them. I normally buy blus 2nd hand these days, if at all, but i have bought a few new ones for christmas time. i got some from the best buy deal, which i might add was an amazing deal for new titles.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by grim_tales »

Good on Salty I say for trying to bring some more life to the board :) I dont want to see Bullets die, it was one of the first forums I ever went on and everyone gets on (mostly) ;)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by Markgway »

If Sam's bumping motive is to increase forum participation then that's great, but I think you still have to have something funny or interesting to say in each respective thread otherwise it's a pointless exercise.... and for some reason Bruce only posts at Xmas. The bargains Sam posts are valued (at least by me) and I do try to post feedback. Honestly a lot of titles don't interest me so that's why I say nothing. Sam, don't get downhearted, this isn't personal. The forum would be a much worse place without you.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...

Post by bradavon »

Well said Mark, on every point.
Post Reply