Saltysam's new year resolution...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Saltysam's new year resolution...
... must have been to kick up dusty old topics. 
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11927
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon" 
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
lets get to more important issues...what colour undies Hung??HungFist wrote:I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon"
working class blu-ray fan
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11927
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
wait, I'll check... Graysaltysam wrote:lets get to more important issues...what colour undies Hung??HungFist wrote:I almost banned this sucker as a spammer. But then I noticed it says "saltysam", not "bradavon"

- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
I think Sam has finally lost it... are any of these bumped threads actually worth checking out? 
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Probably not Mark but given this board has about as much life in it as T-Rex i figure if i resurrect 20 threads and just one sparks some interest then it's job done.Don't get why it bothers you tbh.Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?figure me surprised.Markgway wrote:... are any of these bumped threads actually worth checking out?
working class blu-ray fan
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Personally, I don't mind one bit, cause this board needs all the life it can get 
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them. A couple of threads and no one would've said a word... except maybe Brad? I just don't see the point.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Please explain why you've come to this conclusion? There's barely any point looking at this forum any more.saltysam wrote:Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?
Agreed. I guess Salty has had a shit new year.Markgway wrote:It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Do i really need to?bradavon wrote:Please explain why you've come to this conclusion?saltysam wrote:Brad i can understand because he still thinks he's a mod but you?
We very rarely agree but i'm with you 100% on this.it's decline is terminal i'm afraid and tbh the negativity shown by some of the few remaining regular posters doesn't help.for example,I speak to myself in the bargain forum for 99% of the time and the odd time i'll get a response it'll be to tell me it's not a bargain or that that the aussie dollar is shit...bradavon wrote:There's barely any point looking at this forum any more.
Agreed.[/quote] you and Mark are too full of your own self importance at times..At least Yi saw where i was coming from.Bumping those threads saw Bruce post more yesterday than he has in 3 years.But i'll refrain from doing it again in case the forum police come down hard on me.Markgway wrote:It only 'bothers' me because I don't want to waste my time going thru 15-20 threads that have nothing new of consequence in them.
if having a quiet one at home with my wife equates to a shit new year in your eyes then who am i to dissuade you.Markgway wrote:I guess Salty has had a shit new year.
working class blu-ray fan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Given that I barely post any more and my post count is largely historical, yes.saltysam wrote:Do i really need to?
That is an odd one. Few bother posting them any more. I do still but as you know I barely look any more.saltysam wrote:I speak to myself in the bargain forum for 99% of the time
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Am i allowed to make a new year's resolution on January 2nd?
working class blu-ray fan
- brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
It does have a use as salty said. I don't want to see this forum disappear, as there used to be a great cameraderie on here.
Some of the topics interested me, and also it was good to read up on how you guys are getting on, the trials and tribulations etc.
As for the bargains, i appreciate salty posting them as i pop in now and again to see if there is anything worth getting, although i haven't posted to talk about them. I normally buy blus 2nd hand these days, if at all, but i have bought a few new ones for christmas time. i got some from the best buy deal, which i might add was an amazing deal for new titles.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Good on Salty I say for trying to bring some more life to the board
I dont want to see Bullets die, it was one of the first forums I ever went on and everyone gets on (mostly) 
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
If Sam's bumping motive is to increase forum participation then that's great, but I think you still have to have something funny or interesting to say in each respective thread otherwise it's a pointless exercise.... and for some reason Bruce only posts at Xmas. The bargains Sam posts are valued (at least by me) and I do try to post feedback. Honestly a lot of titles don't interest me so that's why I say nothing. Sam, don't get downhearted, this isn't personal. The forum would be a much worse place without you.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Saltysam's new year resolution...
Well said Mark, on every point.
