Corey Yuen's Dead or Alive

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Corey Yuen's Dead or Alive

Post by grim_tales »

I don't want to steal Imports pics so I'll just link to the thread on Imports forum:


http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0

Admittedly I havent seen the Resident Evil movies yet but you'd think after bad video game movies like Mario Bros, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter etc they would learn.
These movies obviously make money though. You'll get loads of teen boys going to see it I'm sure as there's bound to be an abundance of fit girls in fighting with hardly any clothes - probably it'll be a PG-13 movie, knowing the US.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Aye this does look abysmal but I might watch it anyway for the girls. I have a cineworld pass so may as well use it lol.

Video game to film conversions are dodgy but sometimes work well. I.e. Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat, Street Figher II anime etc...
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Oh yeah I heard the SF II animé is good, should check that out.
Romero will love it (DOA) anyway ;) :D
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

"Street Fighter" with Van Danmme rocked.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:"Street Fighter" with Van Danmme rocked.
Wow... what were you smoking when you watched that flick!?

Anyway, the Corey Yuen version or DOA looks like a bad joke, with ugly girls in ridiculous outfits. Looks like it's REALLy low budget.
It COULD have good choreography, but I probably wont see it.
Most offensive is probably that it seems like the asian characters are being played by white chicks. Not offensive becaus eof anything racial or anything, but offensive because the asian girls in DOA were HOT, and these white chicks playing them dont even come close to being hot.

It looks more like a Cos-play convention gone violent, then an actual movie (BTW, THAT would make an AWESOME movie. LD take note, you could write a Die Hard style flick, set in Japan :D)

Anyway, I hope in a few years time they'll just make these kind of movies in CGI or Anime style. That way it can stay closest to the original series, without actors not looking like their gaming counterparts, or bad actors ruining the whole movie.

I also feel they should just make the Star Wars movies in complete CGI, instead of blending it reality with CGI.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Street Fighter was so bad that it's almost enjoyable to watch it over a few beers and then shred it to pieces.

You guys should check out the Korean Street Fighter. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time - makes Future Cops (the HK ripoff) look like a masterpiece.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

BiscLimpkit wrote:Street Fighter was so bad that it's almost enjoyable to watch it over a few beers and then shred it to pieces.

You guys should check out the Korean Street Fighter. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time - makes Future Cops (the HK ripoff) look like a masterpiece.
never heard of a Korean Street Fighter. cant be good though :D

...and I never drink any alcohol, so I guess there's no way I shall ever enjoy watching Van Damme's Street Fighter :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

What about Devon Aoki as Kasumi?
I think she's kinda cute (but she doesnt look ANYTHING like Kasumi).
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Blegh. I dont think she's cute at all. She looks a bit like an azn girl with down-syndrome, and Cristina Ricci...
Havent seen her in any movies though, so I'm just judging her on the pictures I found on Google.
Doesnt look like Kasumi AT ALL, indeed.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Blegh. I dont think she's cute at all. She looks a bit like an azn girl with down-syndrome.
I think we have the winner of this year's most offensive remark...


As to the film: I'm sure it'll be shite... yet hot chicks and ass-kicking compels me to see it.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Blegh. I dont think she's cute at all. She looks a bit like an azn girl with down-syndrome.
I think we have the winner of this year's most offensive remark...


As to the film: I'm sure it'll be shite... yet hot chicks and ass-kicking compels me to see it.
Why is it offensive? That's the technical term for it. How could I have said that any differently!? :) Just look at some of the pics of her on google.com.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

She was in Sin City Yi... you seen that?
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Nope, havent seen it yet. Wasnt she also in Fast and the Furious? havent seen that one either :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

The Down's Syndrome remark was below the belt IMO... anyway Devon was certainly good looking (IMHO) in Sin City.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You guys would all prey for someone like Devon to chat you up thats for sure.
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

This looks like the best film ever.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Looks like complete tripe.

I too have always thought that Devon Aoki was f-ugly.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I think Bruce is yanking a chain ;)
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Devon Aoki is not my type at all. I wouldn't say ugly, because I only call people ugly, when I can hardly look at them without wondering about how bad those poor creatures are looking.

So Devon Aoki is certainly not ugly in my opinion, but also not above average good-looking. She's just plain normal. To me there is a difference between looking normal and looking ugly.
Image
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I think she's adorable and I'd love to confiscate her and put her in my pocket aww.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

After she has been in my Pocket 8)