Corey Yuen's Dead or Alive
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Corey Yuen's Dead or Alive
I don't want to steal Imports pics so I'll just link to the thread on Imports forum:
http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Admittedly I havent seen the Resident Evil movies yet but you'd think after bad video game movies like Mario Bros, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter etc they would learn.
These movies obviously make money though. You'll get loads of teen boys going to see it I'm sure as there's bound to be an abundance of fit girls in fighting with hardly any clothes - probably it'll be a PG-13 movie, knowing the US.
http://www.theimportforums.com/viewtopi ... sc&start=0
Admittedly I havent seen the Resident Evil movies yet but you'd think after bad video game movies like Mario Bros, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter etc they would learn.
These movies obviously make money though. You'll get loads of teen boys going to see it I'm sure as there's bound to be an abundance of fit girls in fighting with hardly any clothes - probably it'll be a PG-13 movie, knowing the US.
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Wow... what were you smoking when you watched that flick!?thelostdragon wrote:"Street Fighter" with Van Danmme rocked.
Anyway, the Corey Yuen version or DOA looks like a bad joke, with ugly girls in ridiculous outfits. Looks like it's REALLy low budget.
It COULD have good choreography, but I probably wont see it.
Most offensive is probably that it seems like the asian characters are being played by white chicks. Not offensive becaus eof anything racial or anything, but offensive because the asian girls in DOA were HOT, and these white chicks playing them dont even come close to being hot.
It looks more like a Cos-play convention gone violent, then an actual movie (BTW, THAT would make an AWESOME movie. LD take note, you could write a Die Hard style flick, set in Japan
Anyway, I hope in a few years time they'll just make these kind of movies in CGI or Anime style. That way it can stay closest to the original series, without actors not looking like their gaming counterparts, or bad actors ruining the whole movie.
I also feel they should just make the Star Wars movies in complete CGI, instead of blending it reality with CGI.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
never heard of a Korean Street Fighter. cant be good thoughBiscLimpkit wrote:Street Fighter was so bad that it's almost enjoyable to watch it over a few beers and then shred it to pieces.
You guys should check out the Korean Street Fighter. Funniest shit I've seen in a long time - makes Future Cops (the HK ripoff) look like a masterpiece.
...and I never drink any alcohol, so I guess there's no way I shall ever enjoy watching Van Damme's Street Fighter
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Blegh. I dont think she's cute at all. She looks a bit like an azn girl with down-syndrome, and Cristina Ricci...
Havent seen her in any movies though, so I'm just judging her on the pictures I found on Google.
Doesnt look like Kasumi AT ALL, indeed.
Havent seen her in any movies though, so I'm just judging her on the pictures I found on Google.
Doesnt look like Kasumi AT ALL, indeed.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Why is it offensive? That's the technical term for it. How could I have said that any differently!?Markgway wrote:I think we have the winner of this year's most offensive remark...Yi-Long wrote:Blegh. I dont think she's cute at all. She looks a bit like an azn girl with down-syndrome.
As to the film: I'm sure it'll be shite... yet hot chicks and ass-kicking compels me to see it.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Devon Aoki is not my type at all. I wouldn't say ugly, because I only call people ugly, when I can hardly look at them without wondering about how bad those poor creatures are looking.
So Devon Aoki is certainly not ugly in my opinion, but also not above average good-looking. She's just plain normal. To me there is a difference between looking normal and looking ugly.
So Devon Aoki is certainly not ugly in my opinion, but also not above average good-looking. She's just plain normal. To me there is a difference between looking normal and looking ugly.
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA


