Hi everyone. I'm after buying both seasons of The OC and have just seen the R2 versions for £24 each on WHSmith's Website.
Does anyone know which are the best versions to buy? Are the R1 versions any good? I don't really want to pay over the odds for the box sets, so £24 each seems like a good price...
The OC Seasons 1 & 2 - best versions?
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
The OC Seasons 1 & 2 - best versions?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
As far as I know they're all the same video wise. I think all global releases of S1 used Pan&scan masters, while they used the 16:9 masters for the S2 releases.
Although in S2 boxset they differ when it comes to extras. The R1 is a 7-disc boxset, the R2 has only 6-discs. The S1 sets appear identical to me extras wise.
Although in S2 boxset they differ when it comes to extras. The R1 is a 7-disc boxset, the R2 has only 6-discs. The S1 sets appear identical to me extras wise.
-
IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
Ah well, I'm not too bothered about having extras on season 2, especially for the price I've paid for it.
I decided to take the plunge and ordered the R2 editions from WHSmith's Web site.
I decided to take the plunge and ordered the R2 editions from WHSmith's Web site.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server