The OC Seasons 1 & 2 - best versions?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

The OC Seasons 1 & 2 - best versions?

Post by IronMonkey »

Hi everyone. I'm after buying both seasons of The OC and have just seen the R2 versions for £24 each on WHSmith's Website.

Does anyone know which are the best versions to buy? Are the R1 versions any good? I don't really want to pay over the odds for the box sets, so £24 each seems like a good price...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I'm guessing none of you are fans then...?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Anyone?! Quick!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

As far as I know they're all the same video wise. I think all global releases of S1 used Pan&scan masters, while they used the 16:9 masters for the S2 releases.

Although in S2 boxset they differ when it comes to extras. The R1 is a 7-disc boxset, the R2 has only 6-discs. The S1 sets appear identical to me extras wise.
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Ah well, I'm not too bothered about having extras on season 2, especially for the price I've paid for it.

I decided to take the plunge and ordered the R2 editions from WHSmith's Web site. :)
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server