Hong Kong Legends BOGOF - Back on! (Kind of)

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Still no email from HKL :cry: Should I just keep the single disc version :?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

NO dont keep it at all, just wait for them to get back to you. They have to in the end :) if not email ema again in a week or so.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Fair enough Romero :) I won't send it back yet though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Hey I I am suprosed they are taking so long for me as well, in the past I have contacted them 3 times I think and each time they got back in a day or 2. Guess they must be very busy with lots of people complaining they got wrong dvds :D hell its Christmas soon, so they better hurry :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

When did you originally contact them Grim? Was is it over 7 days ago? If not it's best to put it in context.

Definitely don't just send it back, that's asking for trouble. It will only get lost in the system.

But yes you've got the wrong DVD so don't give up. Call them. I'm sure it's only a regular telephone cost. We're not all penny pinchers like Romero with our cash :D

p.s - My Moon Warrior and Swordsmen DVDs haven't shipped despite placing an order a week ago, the last batch arrived in a few days.

Don't forget it's Christmas which means every mail order company on the planet is super busy. As are Royal Mail especially.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Yup its the last day for posting soon, so we wont get em before Christmas if its left a day or 2 more anyway :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm far more interested in my last 2-3 Xmas presents arriving than DVDs for me. I ordered them all last week so fingers crossed.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

:( Looks like Hongkonglegend have wised up, their BOFOF is not working for 5.99 titles any more, which is a shame
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

It took them a week to actually implement the change :D :(

Great sale left then:

Hapkido - £11.99
Initial D - Drift Racer - £11.99
Peacock King - £11.99
A Better Tomorrow 2 - £11.99
Big Boss Platinum Edition - £11.99
Warrior King - £11.99
Way of the Dragon (old single disc) - £7.00 - although it's £5.99 in the BL section???
Dreadnaught - £11.99
Heroes Shed No Tears - £11.99
The Grudge 2 - £11.99

A sale of 10 DVDs wow :D

To be fair I guess £5.99 is a decent price but still only at most a couple of quid less than anywhere else. It's a good job I got everything I wanted (pretty much).
Last edited by bradavon on 21 Dec 2006, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'll give HKL a ring today (still wait on one DVD ordered 2 weeks ago, as well as the wrong DVD thing with Musa).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

No offence Grim but you've now repeated yourself about a dozen times. Why not wait until they do arrive then post?

Please report back though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

No offence taken :D
I can be a bit of an idiot at times :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I wouldn't say idiot but worrier definitely :wink:
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

I think I would get Grudge 2 and Warrior King... Prob after xmas thou, not now..
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I wouldnt phone them ever, emais do fine and they are FREE and easy. Its christmas and no way they will get anything done for the next week now. Like most other companies then :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

We're not all money pinching skin flints like you ;)
slasher13 wrote:I think I would get Grudge 2 and Warrior King... Prob after xmas thou, not now..
I wouldn't leave it too much longer, until new year will be fine though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Fair enough Romero but they havent replied to my emails so far ;)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Mainly becuase they made a MASSIVE mistake selling ALL dvds at the special prices, so I imagine they ahve had hundreds of emails complaining about orders etc..
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Why? From what I've been reading 9/10 orders they got completely write but yes probably more complaints (actually more to the point) orders than they can cope with.

Just like Madman's sale last month.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Ohh I am sure most orders are right :) but there was confuision over what was in the sale, and people were emailing them about it. I am sure it will be sorted in thee nd, just I imagine they have been blown away by the response from the internet people :D bulk buying and all.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I bet HKL didn't know what hit them. What's happening people are suddenly buying DVDs direct from us, that's never happened before.

Pity the sale is now rather pathetic. I may still get 1-2 as £5.99 is a slightly below average price but I'm now not in a rush in the slightest.
Last edited by bradavon on 02 Jan 2007, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

bradavon wrote:I bet HKL didn't know what hit them. What's happening people are suddenly buying DVDs direct from us, that's never happened before :D.

Pity the sale is now rather pathetic. I may still get 1-2 as £5.99 is a slightly below average price but I'm now not in a rush in the slightest.
Yup, I kinda hoped they would leave the offer still open for £5.99, they could still makes some money out of it...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Finally got a response from HKL:

Purple Storm should be with me "Very Soon", it was out of stock before.
As for Musa. they can't actually send me the 2 disc version as they don't have it :( But I'll send the single disc back for a refund.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

They aint responded to me, I complained to loads of companies weeks agop, not replies from any, the scumbags :) and they lie of they say they dont have Musa 2 dvd, thats bullshit.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Sorry to hear that Grim. Yep I'd send it back Grim and order it elsewhere.

Why is that bullshit? Either they're out of stock or more worryingly it's OOP.

How can you get a refund it was free or are you getting refund for both and therefore getting a free DVD.

I've still had no reply. I bet they've got a massive backlog of e-mails. I've e-mailed them again tonight. I've also had to e-mail them over a later order (placed late last week) which arrived today but the case is broken.

I've asked for a replacement case, there's no point sending it back if I can help it.