Hong Kong Legends BOGOF - Back on! (Kind of)

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Hong Kong Legends BOGOF - Back on! (Kind of)

Post by bradavon »

Thank Saltysam not me. I'd also prefer members use the Bullets not DVD Forums link too:

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/index.php?affid=280

That's the Bullets HKL Affiliation code btw (I think it's still active).

BOGOF Expiration:

"The BOGOF offer will be on until after Christmas, probably into the fist week of the new year and I should think we'll then have another offer although this hasn't been confirmed."
neverland wrote:Hong Kong Legends seem to have gone slightly mad. Huge amounts of their back catalogue are available for £6. Plus, this month they have a buy one get one free offer running. BOGOF doesn't apply to boxsets or pre-orders, but does include 2 disc platinum sets.

This means, you could buy Iron Monkey and Ninja in the Dragon's Den, two of the best films ever made ever, and only stump up six quid, which to my mind is the bargain of the century.

You don't even have to pay for delivery!

Oh, and the delivery seems pretty quick. I ordered 20 on Monday, and they arrived today. So I'm all sorted for a kung fu Chrimbo.
Source: http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/show ... p?t=455068
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Jan 2007, 18:30, edited 6 times in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I went for:

The Big Boss: Platinum Edition
Warrior King

For £11.99

And:

City on Fire
Full Contact

For £5.99

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are any of these worth picking up? -

The Swordsman
Yes Madam
Moon Warriors
Zu Warriors
Once a Thief

I'm thinking of The Swordsman and Yes Madam (for Yeoh), should I alter that? - I need to pick two from the above.
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Dec 2006, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Blast I already have Full Contact. I've contacted HKL to see if they can swap it for Beast Cops, fingers crossed.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

The Big Boss: Platinum Edition
Warrior King

For £11.99

May get them myself, sadly I am not even sure if I own Big Boss PE :S

I was waiting for Warrior King (ahem) to come out in many regions and then pick the best version, but america still doesnt know whats going on with their version.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:I was waiting for Warrior King (ahem) to come out in many regions and then pick the best version, but america still doesnt know whats going on with their version.
Yes they do. Check out page 17 at the bottom of the HKL thread over in Asian. It's not a bad release but not a great one either.

I was waiting on TYG too but at that price and considering "overall" I prefer the UK effort (to the R1, which there isn't much in it) I've decided to go for it.

The UK has no silly alternate cut and the R1 a commentary, but Bey has never been very good at non-HK film knowledge so it could be a borefest.

p.s - Which of those titles I picked out above are the best? and which are the 2 best?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Well off memory Moon Warriors is great, Zu Warriors is appauling, Once A Theif if classy.

Wheres Yes Madame on the site! i cannot find it anywhere! pathetic site really.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

"Yes Madam" can be found as "Police Assassins".

I got "Crying Fist" and "Wheels on Meals".
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Brad, these are the best two of the ones you asked about:

Moon Warriors
Zu Warriors
Image
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

I see they sell "Mind, Body and Kick Ass Moves." A steal for £3.

Any chance of a few suggestions? HK films aren't my area.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Markgway wrote:Brad, these are the best two of the ones you asked about:

Moon Warriors
Zu Warriors
Remember, Brad doesn't like old school or Wu Xia flicks. That's why I would recommend him to get "Once a Thief" out of the bunch.
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Why bother mentioning them if he doesn't like that genre? :?
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Is Crying Fist any good?
Was thinking of picking that (something I haven't seen) and Purple Storm (which was IMO very good) or Spooky Encounters.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote: Remember, Brad doesn't like old school or Wu Xia flicks. That's why I would recommend him to get "Once a Thief" out of the bunch.
Nah, Brad loves wuxia pics.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

grim_tales wrote:Is Crying Fist any good?
Was thinking of picking that (something I haven't seen) and Purple Storm (which was IMO very good) or Spooky Encounters.
Let me tell you that the PA version of "Crying Fist" is the cut international version. I already have the Korean disc, I'm getting the PA for the commentary and subtitled extras. The film is very powerful in my opinion.

Good choice on "Purple Storm" or "Spooky Encounters". Both are kick-ass films.

As for brad... he didn't like old school flicks, did he? I had the impression that he didn't like wu xia either. But now you mention it Eva, the CTHD discussion springs back to mind. Right, he likes wu xia.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

No wonder I could find Yes Madame then :D I already own it then in that case :D

Mind Body and Kick Ass Moves is superb, everyone see it, even if you dont like it some of the marticla artists on it are rock solid hard bastards, its fun watching them smack the presenter around and make him feel like he is crap.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I LOVE Wuxia but CAN'T STAND Old School (Bruce Lee aside).

Is Zu Warriors Old School? i.e - like Drunken Master and Prodigal Son.
romerojpg wrote:No wonder I could find Yes Madame then :D I already own it then in that case :D
Sorry I figured everyone knew that.
Markgway wrote:Brad, these are the best two of the ones you asked about: Moon Warriors, Zu Warriors
Thank you. Most seem to dislike Zu Warriors, as they do Once a Thief too. I'd be interested in Yes Madam but also hear Yeoh and Rothrock are barely in it :( . Is it any good?
thelostdragon wrote:I got "Crying Fist" and "Wheels on Meals".
Is it free post outside of the UK too?
Last edited by bradavon on 07 Dec 2006, 18:44, edited 2 times in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I've heard back from HKL (quick reply) who have said they've cancelled my "Full Contact" order and replaced it for "Beast Cops".

They said I may still get "Full Contact" but to return it to a FREEPOST address if I do Image

I also asked when the offer is over to be told:

The BOGOF offer will be on until after Christmas, probably into the fist week of the new year and I should think we'll then have another offer although this hasn't been confirmed.

Seeing as we have ages until the offer is over I'll wait until I get paid before buying more. I'm not sure any of the rest are really any good (they've all had "very" mixed reviews).

Are any of the rest really good or just average/decent enough?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

At £3 a pop you've nothing to lose Brad it's like a free rental,you'd get it back off ebay if any of your selections weren't "keepers" :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Zu Warriors isnt any style, its not even got fighting in it really, just people jumping about unrealistcally and doing ignorant things, its a total mess. Shame of a film really, I own it sadly and hope to sell it as its a coaster really from these broiught up memories.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

True. I do have about 12-15 DVDs awaiting arrival though so really I have more than enough DVDs ordered this month.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

HAS THE SALE ENDED ALREADY! :( none of mine get discounts now, just as I was about to order :( bollocks!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Ignore mejust rebooted and it works again, strange.

Ordered She Shoots Straight and Knockabout, dont think I have seen either.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

What other did you/are you going for? Thanks for your info on Zu Warriors.
bradavon wrote:I also asked when the offer is over to be told:

The BOGOF offer will be on until after Christmas, probably into the fist week of the new year and I should think we'll then have another offer although this hasn't been confirmed.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Hey dont go on what I say, you may love Zu :D I am sure some do as its so mental and wacky thats the only reason its become so famous.

I am probibly gonna get some more, just have to think how much I want to spend, but hell they are cheap :) I wish I never bought any HKL dvds, then I could have got all these puppies cheap :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I meant thanks for your opinion ;)