Page 25 of 90
Posted: 05 Aug 2005, 18:16
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:Yes it does say Mandarin Mono Brad
Where? All I see was like you said "Original Mandarin Soundtrack" that doesn't say Mono at all.
I've learnt to take these things literally. Sure I agree it probably means Mono but don't get your hopes up until you actually read Mandarin Mono.
It could mean Mandarin DD5.1, Mandarin DD2.0 Mono, Mandarin DD2.0 Stereo, Mandarin DD1.0 Mono with New Foley Effects; And still be accurate (or accurate from a marketing point of view). Mandarin was the original language hence even if it's a remix it's still original.
grim_tales wrote:first it says "Digitally Enhanced Mono"
No it doesn't. It says "Digitally Enhanced Audio" which means shit. It's on a DVD so is by design is going to be Digital.
"Digitally Enhanced Audio" "could" mean DTS ES 6.1.
See you looking for something that isn't there (yet!)

Posted: 05 Aug 2005, 20:23
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:Does the original Mandarin Mono soundtrack include the Bruce Lee war cries?
Yes. It was the first film to do so.
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 10:49
by bradavon
A big grin appears across Brad's face
Yes. It was the first film to do so.
So they're only fake in TBB?
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 11:01
by grim_tales
Yeah, I think so. they only appear on the Cantonese track (all from his other films).
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 11:49
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:So they're only fake in TBB?
Yes, as Grim says. The original Mandarin track had none of the famous war cries, just standard grunts as would be heard in any other Kung Fu movie. But since Fist of Fury Bruce's yells became an integral part of his style and so when the Cantonese version of Big Boss was prepared for VHS they added war cries taken from other movies and created a new score.
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 13:55
by grim_tales
Can you see HKL doing mono Mandarin for "Fist", Mark?
I suppose seeing is believing and all that, at least we know its Mandarin.
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 14:36
by bradavon
Yes for sure. My point merely that's not yet confirmed which you guys seemed to think it was.
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 19:37
by jimmyscab
Any news on Wheel on Meals ?
Posted: 06 Aug 2005, 21:46
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:Can you see HKL doing mono Mandarin for "Fist", Mark?
The chances have increased greatly... but as you say I'll believe it when it's official.

Posted: 07 Aug 2005, 10:37
by bradavon
I think you'll find I said that

, Grim was to busy gushing :mrgreen:
Posted: 07 Aug 2005, 12:23
by grim_tales
Excuse me

Posted: 08 Aug 2005, 11:32
by EvaUnit02
Looks like cd-wow finally have Full Contact back in stock, after I asked them back in March (I think). Sweet price too, only £5.99 (after discount). I ordered it on Friday along with City on Fire HKL (which is also only £5.99).
Schweet, two DVDs I've been wanting for a while for only $31NZD!

Posted: 08 Aug 2005, 12:32
by bradavon
Eva looksie here posted a week ago

(in the correct forum too

)-
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... &start=135
Thanks though.
Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 14:16
by EvaUnit02
Latest HKL newsletter:-
HKL wrote:Crisis and Conflict
Silmido director Kang Woo-suk announced last week that he will next commence production on Hanbando, a dramatic, unfolding story of crisis and conflict on the Korean peninsula. Popular actors Cho Jae-hyun, Cha In-pyo and Ahn Sung-ki (The Warrior) are already lined up to play the heroes who will attempt to solve a century-old riddle in a quest to keep their country safe from Japanese enemies.

The movie, budgeted at over 10 million won, is due to start filming sometime in October 2005.
Seventy Swords?
It is rumoured that famed director Tsui Hark plans to make a series to extend the storyline of his blockbusting Wuxia masterpiece, Seven Swords.
Incredibly the 2.5 hour cinema version only covers a small section of Liang Yu Sheng’s compelling source novel.
Seven Swords collected an impressive HK$5.89 million at the Hong Kong Box Office in its first 10 days of release.

Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 16:25
by Markgway
Great... another pointless HKL newsletter. I got one too.
How about some info on - WAIT FOIR IT!!! - upcoming HKL releases.
Controversial, I know.........
Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 18:15
by grim_tales
LOL
I agree Mark, though its nice they give us background info about movies they *may* get the rights to (you never know).
The problem was I already knew that 7 Swords info from when Tom posted it the other day.

Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 20:01
by saltysam
i've just read a review of the iceman cometh that claims it's non-anamorphic :x can anyone confirm?
Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 20:08
by tom2681
There's a review on the AsianDVDGuide forum.
It's anamorphic (and looks as good as it's ever going to look).
Posted: 11 Aug 2005, 21:49
by IronMonkey
It's definitely anamorphic. Some loon must have had their head on backwards when they wrote the review...

Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 00:43
by Markgway
Even at their worst HKL have never released a non-anamorphic DVD!!!

Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 09:00
by saltysam
the review is over at avforums maybe he got an early review copy.

Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 11:05
by EvaUnit02
I watched City on Fire HKL this evening. Mark was right, the PQ is quite shitty. I'll be getting the IVL boxset for sure now.
Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 14:48
by gasteropod
I just received Police Assassins from HKL's website, and the front cover is different to the usual one! It's got a red background with just Michelle Yeoh on the front aiming a gun!
Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 15:10
by IronMonkey
Any chance of a photograph / scan of the cover?
Posted: 12 Aug 2005, 15:20
by gasteropod
Okay I'll take a photo, 'cause I can't find it on google image search.