Page 20 of 90

Posted: 26 Jun 2005, 20:15
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:
romerojpg wrote:but the damn laff gif isnt good :?
What this one? -

:D
Lourdes wrote:Right proper sentences? Oh the irony.
LOL oops.

It was a typo. It made sense though! 8)

p.s - Thanks Grim.
It made perfect sense, but isnt it ironic dont ya think :D

This is the gif I mean


Image

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 00:53
by Lourdes
I actually notice Bardly's frequent mistakes more than Romero's. Possibly because I skip Romero's post as they appear to be written in Afrikaans, Dutch and Thai all at once. Really though he's not so bad, you just have to swap every fourth word for every fith, every second one for every second, reverse the letters on every other word and random add or remove punctuation and capitals. In actuality he's exceedingly coherent but uses a code.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 01:48
by Markgway
Lourdes wrote:Really though he's not so bad, you just have to swap every fourth word for every fith, every second one for every second, reverse the letters on every other word and random add or remove punctuation and capitals.
1. Do you mean "fifth"?

2. Do you mean "randomly" or "at random"?


Just curious.... :wink:

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 04:26
by Lourdes
To be fair I noticed one of them and left it for fun. But now I look REALLY stupid.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 09:03
by grim_tales
And his name is Brad, not "Bard" ;)
BTW what is Afrikaans? :)

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 10:37
by bradavon
Normally I get called Brandon but Bardly :D :D :D . It's not even close.
Possibly because I skip Romero's post as they appear to be written in Afrikaans, Dutch and Thai all at once. Really though he's not so bad, you just have to swap every fourth word for every fith, every second one for every second, reverse the letters on every other word and random add or remove punctuation and capitals. In actuality he's exceedingly coherent but uses a code.
You'll have to teach me it one day as I often get it lost.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 12:36
by Markgway
Afrikaans is the language of South Africa.

What they speak in Lethal Weapon 2. :D

I think Brad should change his username to Bardly Avon. :wink:

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 13:02
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:I think Brad should change his username to Bardly Avon. :wink:
Marther Gay Anyone? :D

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 13:35
by EvaUnit02
Markgway wrote:Afrikaans is the language of South Africa.
I believe it's also primarily spoken by white South Africans.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 16:05
by Lourdes
Damn, I am going to refrain from any smartarse comments for quite some time.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 16:10
by Killer Meteor
I'm a bit confused about the "deleted scenes" that are on the PE of Dragons Forever. Are they supposed to be from the original Hong Kong theatrical cut or were they just on the print used for the laserdisc?

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:02
by grim_tales
Is it a form/dialect of English? (I guess so). :)

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:38
by romerojpg
Pants 8)

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 17:54
by grim_tales
Huh? :?

Posted: 27 Jun 2005, 18:00
by Lourdes
grim_tales wrote:Is it a form/dialect of English? (I guess so). :)
Sheesh. Afrikaans is a language that originated from Dutch and is used by Boers. I think it's also called Taall (sp?).

Posted: 28 Jun 2005, 08:35
by IronMonkey
Ivan Drago wrote:I'm a bit confused about the "deleted scenes" that are on the PE of Dragons Forever. Are they supposed to be from the original Hong Kong theatrical cut or were they just on the print used for the laserdisc?
I'm pretty sure they were not in the Hong Kong theatrical print and were just added in for the laserdisc release. From what I've heard those scenes were never shown in Hong Kong cinemas, so HKL have released the theatrical cut on their DVD.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted: 30 Jun 2005, 15:20
by grim_tales
Today's special is City on Fire for £9.99.

Posted: 30 Jun 2005, 16:30
by IronMonkey
grim_tales wrote:Today's special is City on Fire for £9.99.
Today's special is City On Fire for £10, actually :P

Too bad I can't take advantage of these "special offers" - I've literally got every single HKL DVD now! :?

Posted: 30 Jun 2005, 16:44
by grim_tales
I haven't got City on Fire yet.
I'm sure its cheaper elsewhere though.

Posted: 30 Jun 2005, 17:12
by romerojpg
City on Fire was 6.99 at cdwow :) not sure how much it is now.

Posted: 01 Jul 2005, 08:14
by grim_tales
Today's news:

LATEST NEWS

Donnie Chasing Storms In London

Fan favourite Donnie Yen, star of 'Iron Monkey','Hero' and the forthcoming 'Seven Swords', is en route to London to work as action director on a family film, provisionally entitled 'Stormchaser'.

Yen agreed to work on the film as a favour to long-time friend Harvey Weinstein, the major media player who recently left Miramax to form his own company.

Initial D Opens To Blockbuster Business

The car-racing action-drama 'Initial D', starring Taiwanese singer Jay Chou and the 'Infernal Affairs' team of Edison Chen and Shawn Yue, has opened in Asia, and proved an immediate money-spinner. It topped the Hong Kong box-office with US$1.9million (HK$14.9 million) during its opening weekend: the city's biggest result in 2005 and the No.2 all-time record for both Chinese and international pictures.

Co-directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak, Initial D has even cracked the opening weekend records of the directors' world renowned Infernal Affairs trilogy. The film will be released in UK cinemas on Jan 6th 2006 by Hong Kong Legends.

Posted: 01 Jul 2005, 14:36
by bradavon
What HKL titles come from FS remasters? There isn't many right?

I ask as I prefer to own the IVL or Fox DVD over the HKL DVD except in the case where they've used a FS remaster.

Posted: 01 Jul 2005, 14:55
by memetic
grim_tales wrote:The film will be released in UK cinemas on Jan 6th 2006 by Hong Kong Legends.
Wow so far away but at least the date is so precise! :lol:

I've already seen it at the cinema. Worth checking out if you can.

Posted: 02 Jul 2005, 00:25
by thelostdragon
bradavon wrote:What HKL titles come from FS remasters? There isn't many right?
"Warriors Two" was their first FS DVD. The next FS prints they have used already were they released "The Odd Couple", "Duel to the Death", "The Master", "Millionaires Express" and "Dragons Forever."

Posted: 02 Jul 2005, 01:14
by Killer Meteor
I was under the assumption Odd Couple was from Mei Ah - haven't bought this disc yet