Page 12 of 90

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 14:49
by bradavon
Is the DC out in Korea Romero? When is it out in UK cinemas?

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 15:05
by tom2681
When is it out in UK cinemas?
June 3rd, I believe.

It will be released in France on May 11th (can't wait).
+ I know from a reliable source that it will be the DC (Yay !) :D

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 15:05
by Markgway
Damn, that's another bunch of titles pushed well back. ACGS2 is only a year behind schedule!! But then wasting time on a Project A box that NOBODY wants doesn't help does it? :roll:

Good to see that according to DVD Times Millionaires' Express (May 16th)will have the original MONO track. Doesn't mention anything about an HD transfer though. Fingers crossed.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 15:14
by bradavon
Cheers Tom.

I'm sure some people want the box set otherwise they wouldn't release it.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 17:11
by romerojpg
From what I can see Taegukgi Directors Cut hasnt even been done yet in any form :( cannot see any evidence at all it has been made yet, so I dont expect it to be the Premiere Asai version thats for sure, unless they are keeping it very quiet.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 19:47
by tom2681
Markgway wrote:Doesn't mention anything about an HD transfer though..
*cough* *cough*

Image :wink:

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 19:52
by bradavon
Where did you find that? It's for the promo trailer right?

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 20:31
by grim_tales
Looks like it :)
As for "Fist" surely Mark and I cant have been the only ones? ;) I'll ask Brian.
I'd only even consider it if a HD transfer was offered.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 21:25
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:I'd only even consider it if a HD transfer was offered.
Me to. The current DVD isn't exactly low quality. The extras will be a bonus, that I'd probably not watch anytime soon anyway.

I'd not bother upgrading TBB if a PE came out though as the film IMO isn't worth it.
grim_tales wrote:As for "Fist" surely Mark and I cant have been the only ones? ;) I'll ask Brian.
I've never read or heard anyone else comment on it on any forum ever.

Posted: 30 Apr 2005, 22:23
by thelostdragon
bradavon wrote:I'd not bother upgrading TBB if a PE came out though as the film IMO isn't worth it.
Argh... another one of these disbelievers, he he he!
Personally, I think "The Big Boss" is the best of all the Bruce Lee films. I just can't see why so many people dislike it. Or maybe I should say it is rather that other folk that can't see what I enjoyed so much about "The Big Boss". :wink: :D

Posted: 01 May 2005, 00:25
by Markgway
That's cool about Millionaires' Express being HD and Mono.

I'm on dial-up and so don't download their trailers.

Will buy this one - unless I hear anything negative from now until the release date.

Fingers crossed.

Posted: 01 May 2005, 09:57
by jimmyscab
Is anyone awaiting City on Fire from CD-wow ?

whats the point of preordering if they cant get stock for release date ?

Posted: 01 May 2005, 10:12
by bradavon
thelostdragon wrote:Personally, I think "The Big Boss" is the best of all the Bruce Lee films.
WTF! Why?

Personally I was pretty bored until the last 15-20 minutes. That's not to say a Bruce Lee film must be full of violence but it's just that it was dull.
Markgway wrote:I'm on dial-up and so don't download their trailers.
Can I ask why? Don't you live in an ADSL or Cable area? As those are the only two reasons I can think of.

Broadband is cheaper than dial-up (unless you use it once a week for a few minutes) so it's really a win win situation. I'd never go back to dial-up now it's so slow and inefficient. I've finally convinced my Mum to go BB as it was costing her a fortune. I've not had to think about when I wanted go online for years (i.e - Not going on before 6pm in the week).

I've done lots of research on the best packages I can e-mail you my findings if you like?

Tiscali and ADSL4Less are the best! Forget the rest :D

Posted: 01 May 2005, 10:36
by grim_tales
thelostdragon wrote:
bradavon wrote:I'd not bother upgrading TBB if a PE came out though as the film IMO isn't worth it.
Argh... another one of these disbelievers, he he he!
Personally, I think "The Big Boss" is the best of all the Bruce Lee films. I just can't see why so many people dislike it. Or maybe I should say it is rather that other folk that can't see what I enjoyed so much about "The Big Boss". :wink: :D
What did you enjoy then? :D ;)
TBB (conisdering its' Bruce's first film) is OK and as Brad said the last act is cool, but apart from Bruce the film is mediocre IMO. :)

"Fist" is best! 8)

Posted: 01 May 2005, 11:07
by thelostdragon
I like the storyline. He is not allowed to fight, but at one stage he can't take it anymore and the moment comes we have all been waiting for, Bruce start's fighting. I mean it is the first time ever that his famous fight screams occur. That alone is a film historical moment.

He doesn't make use of his famous nunchakus in this film either. Coming to think about it, he doesn't use a weapon at all in this film (apart from that saw).

It was also a big "go2hell" to Warner Bros. who wouln't cast him in his self-invented TV-series "Kung Fu". Then Lee gave in to James Coburn's advice to go to HK.

It is the film that made Bruce Lee popular internationally. It is also the film that started the major Eastern-movie wave coming to the West and hence "The Big Boss" is a film all Asian movie fans should be thankful for.

Posted: 01 May 2005, 11:12
by bradavon
thelostdragon wrote:I like the storyline. He is not allowed to fight, but at one stage he can't take it anymore and the moment comes we have all been waiting for, Bruce start's fighting.
That really annoys me about the film.

He swears an oath to his mother not to fight so he doesn't, fine but then gets annoyed and fights anyway. But not just in a standard beat them up fashion he really goes to town and brutally beats the crap out of them. I'm sure his Mum would love that.

I agree with what you're saying otherwise but that doesn't make it a good film! FOF and ETD are by far the best IMO. WOTD is pretty good but not as good as those two.

Posted: 01 May 2005, 11:24
by thelostdragon
"Enter the Dragon" is really lame. His worst film in my opinion. If I had to decide which Bruce Lee-flick should disappear forever, it would be "EtD". I enjoyed "Game of Death" more, even without the 40-minute fight sequences, which were later found.

I think the best Bruce Lee footage ever is the 40-minute pagoda fight sequence. I'm sure that if Bruce had finished "Game of Death", it would have been his best film.

Posted: 01 May 2005, 11:38
by grim_tales
Its not just that he gets annoyed, its the fact that the necklace thing which was a "symbol" of the promise he made gets broken. When that is broken its like he has a licence to fight.
Yeah I see what what you mean LD, I do like it but its just not his best film.
In his other films he bottles his rage up initially (even "Fist").

Posted: 01 May 2005, 11:41
by jimmyscab
While i dont agree TBB is Bruce's best, I still really love it. And i also love the story aspect, sure its slow to get going but its kinda like a build up :p

I do agree EtD is lame too, and im actually a big GoD fan. Ok its full of BL cardboard cutouts, but the fight scenes were done well. Also most the movie can be seen as build up here too, cos when the real BL comes on, its like - WOW !! 8)

Posted: 01 May 2005, 17:49
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:Can I ask why? Don't you live in an ADSL or Cable area? As those are the only two reasons I can think of.
You forgot one: My PC can't do Broadband. I've tried twice. The piece of shit can't handle it. When this bastard machine dies I'll get a replacement that can do Broadband. Until then I'm stuck with dial-up.

Markgway's Verdict

Posted: 01 May 2005, 17:55
by Markgway
The Big Boss **.5/4
Fist of Fury ****/4
The Way of the Dragon **.5/4
Enter the Dragon ****/4
Game of Death *.5/4

Posted: 01 May 2005, 20:35
by EvaUnit02
Markgway wrote:
bradavon wrote:Can I ask why? Don't you live in an ADSL or Cable area? As those are the only two reasons I can think of.
You forgot one: My PC can't do Broadband. I've tried twice. The piece of shit can't handle it. When this bastard machine dies I'll get a replacement that can do Broadband. Until then I'm stuck with dial-up.
Ah, the concept of "running things into the ground". That's what my family is doing with our VCR; use it until it dies, then upgrade to a DVD/HDD recorder. They should be much cheaper once our VCR finally bites the dust, plus the 100+ tapes which have been accumulated over the eons can be junked.

Re: Markgway's Verdict

Posted: 01 May 2005, 23:03
by bradavon
What OS do you run Mark? Unless it's pre Windows 98 there is no way you can't get BB. What ISPs did you try? Maybe their support was crap and wasn't able to help you but trust me I know what I'm talking about BB uses no more resources than dial-up. It's just a USB modem, hardly power hungry.

I suspect it's more likely as Eva says that your pc badly needs a re-format and that is why it's struggling. What hardware does it have? It reminds me of the time Romero told me his PC categorically cannot run Microsoft Office. Sorry but that's crap if it can run Windows XP (which I believe he has) it sure as hell can run Office. Another example of a re-format or at the very least clear out. Another quick fix is to get more memory, take it into PC World or the like.

I'd recommend everyone has 512Mb or 1Gb of memory now a days, any less is pointless.

Most people don't realise but having every program under the sun installed and every system tray program running at the same time is not a good idea. For example why do most people when installing Office install EVERY program it contains? Are you ever going to use Access? NO but I'll install it anyway.

Do you ever use that WinZip, RealPlayer or QuickTime system tray icon? Nope I didn't think so but I'll leave them there anyway using up my memory.

That's not a rant at you Mark btw :)
Markgway wrote:The Big Boss **.5/4
Fist of Fury ****/4
The Way of the Dragon **.5/4
Enter the Dragon ****/4
Game of Death *.5/4
Why are your markings out of 4? It seems odd.

Re: Markgway's Verdict

Posted: 02 May 2005, 00:23
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:What OS do you run Mark?
Windows ME. Which is crap. I don't think that's the problem though. It's the PC itself which apparently is incapable. Don't ask me to explain as my tech knowledge is extremely limited.
Why are your markings out of 4? It seems odd.
I find out of Four easier to do for some reason. Five is too many options. 8)

Posted: 02 May 2005, 10:25
by grim_tales
I agree with LD about GoD, as it is its' choppy mess, only a few bits (locker room fight) plus the final 20 mins is any good :)