Page 42 of 90
Posted: 01 Feb 2006, 22:28
by Yi-Long
I caught it a week orso on TV, and was surprised at the bad sound in the fight/shoot-out in the appartment between Tse and some dude...
Now I dont know if this was only in the TV/American version, or also in the original HK version (I dont know of any changes), but it just somehow bothered me a bit.
I quite liked the movie when I first saw it on DVD, a couple of years ago though. Not great by any means, but also not as bad as some people say. I quite like Nic Tse as an actor.
Posted: 01 Feb 2006, 22:47
by thelostdragon
Markgway wrote:thelostdragon wrote:LOL, how can you say that not having seen the film.
Allow me to rephrase: I didn't think it was good...
Gotcha!

Posted: 13 Feb 2006, 23:39
by thelostdragon
Huh? New Uk Promotional Trailer. Different from the one we have previously seen.
http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/traile ... Swords.mpg
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 06:58
by tom2681
Is Voice-Over Man drunk ? (or drugged ?). He sounds wackier than usual.

Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 10:14
by grim_tales
LOL I've just seen the trailer for "Crying Fist". The rap music is terrible
You can get the "Champion" PA DVD for £5.95 from the Premier Asia site.
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 12:37
by bradavon
I really hope the rap music is JUST on the trailer!
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 12:55
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:I really hope the rap music is JUST on the trailer!
So what if they changed the soundtrack!? who cares!? It doesnt change the movie! Dont be a big baby about it!!!
Seriously though, I'm not buying Crying Fist anyway, no matter what music is on it, cause they cut it 13 minutes.
On the HKL website it says they're looking for new marketing people etc. Let's hope those new employees WILL know that it's target audience just wants their movies as they were originally intended, so they wont fuck them up anymore...
If I would have had the right history, I would have applied myself... but they want experience over knowledge in it's field, I guess.
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 15:45
by thelostdragon
I think the "Crying Fist"-trailer is great and motivates me to re-watch the movie. I'll soon have a DVD of the PA version and do a comparison with the Korean disc.
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 15:59
by romerojpg
Crying Fist is nice, cannot remember rap in it mind you, but it does have a varied soundtrack thats for sure
but again 12 minutes cut, never in hells earth will I buy it. HKL/PA has basically shot themselves in the foot so many times now as I wanted to get the HKL/PA version for subbed extras etc.. but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
Posted: 14 Feb 2006, 17:15
by Killer Meteor
I'm very sad to say the days where I couldn't wait for the next HKL title are long gone...
Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 18:20
by Killer Meteor
Scratch that last comment, they've just announced Hapkido!!!
Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 20:26
by thelostdragon
King of Beggars (24th April 2006)
She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 21:23
by grim_tales
I'd like to get most of them

Any word on the specs for Big Boss: PE?

Whats' Peacock King? I've never heard of it

Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 21:40
by romerojpg
I veleve them titles when I see them in front of my dvd player.

HKL seem to have just slowed down to a stop, surley it must be effecting sales.
Posted: 17 Feb 2006, 22:24
by thelostdragon
Not really. They were out of stock of "Wheels on Meals" and "Knockabout" until a few days ago. They sold really well.
"Peacock King" is a Yuen Biao-film.
I'm mostly looking forward to "She Shoots Straight". It features my favourite Yuen Wah-stunt ever.
Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 00:13
by Yi-Long
Late April for King of Beggars: hopefully they'll use that time to come up with a better cover-art.
The latest releases from HKL have all suffered from some really awfull cover-art.

Posted: 18 Feb 2006, 07:48
by EvaUnit02
thelostdragon wrote:
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Cool, another John Woo gunkata film for me to get (released on birthday too). Is it any good? The rubbish sounding plot aside, is the action at least upto to ABT1 Taiwanese restaurant shootout standards?
Where did A Better Tomorrow 2 HKL disappear to?
Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 12:34
by bradavon
Good question Eva. I'm sure I saw that on some release list.
thelostdragon wrote:She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Are these any good? Any big names?
thelostdragon wrote:Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Anything you can tell us about these LD? Our resident HKL expert
thelostdragon wrote:Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
Which ones?
thelostdragon wrote:Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
Really better than FOF?
It's the weakest IMO.
romerojpg wrote:I veleve them titles when I see them in front of my dvd player.
Speak bloody English Romero that makes no sense. What's veleve? I've a good mind to edit your posts until you start at least making sense! It's really not much to ask to expect members to be able to understand you.
I don't see why I or anyone should have to decipher what you're saying. If Tom, Yi-long, LD and the like can type decent English then you definitely can!
p.s - I won't be deleting your posts just yet but it's a valid point.
Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 12:53
by tom2681
Speak bloody English Romero
I think he was trying to say:
"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means).

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 13:08
by grim_tales
Yeah thats fair enough

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 15:52
by bradavon
Tom2681 wrote:I think he was trying to say:
"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means).

Cheers. I worked that out after posting but it's not the point. I see Grim agrees with me.
I think I'll see what Mordib thinks.
Back on topic . . .
Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 16:04
by grim_tales
I was actually agreeing with Tom, ie it wasnt hard to work out what Romero meant

Posted: 21 Feb 2006, 16:50
by romerojpg
Posted: 22 Feb 2006, 12:38
by bradavon
romerojpg wrote:but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
Do you get them when they're cheap for the extras?
Posted: 22 Feb 2006, 13:43
by sky75
Does anybody know what will be in the Donnie yen box-set? Also does anybody know what happened to the premiere Asia release of my wife is a gangster? There's a trailer for it on my copy of ong bak yet I can't find any released details anywhere.
