Holy Sh*t Play have killed off HKL's website! ;-)
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
I caught it a week orso on TV, and was surprised at the bad sound in the fight/shoot-out in the appartment between Tse and some dude...
Now I dont know if this was only in the TV/American version, or also in the original HK version (I dont know of any changes), but it just somehow bothered me a bit.
I quite liked the movie when I first saw it on DVD, a couple of years ago though. Not great by any means, but also not as bad as some people say. I quite like Nic Tse as an actor.
Now I dont know if this was only in the TV/American version, or also in the original HK version (I dont know of any changes), but it just somehow bothered me a bit.
I quite liked the movie when I first saw it on DVD, a couple of years ago though. Not great by any means, but also not as bad as some people say. I quite like Nic Tse as an actor.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
Huh? New Uk Promotional Trailer. Different from the one we have previously seen.
http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/traile ... Swords.mpg
http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/traile ... Swords.mpg
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
So what if they changed the soundtrack!? who cares!? It doesnt change the movie! Dont be a big baby about it!!!bradavon wrote:I really hope the rap music is JUST on the trailer!
Seriously though, I'm not buying Crying Fist anyway, no matter what music is on it, cause they cut it 13 minutes.
On the HKL website it says they're looking for new marketing people etc. Let's hope those new employees WILL know that it's target audience just wants their movies as they were originally intended, so they wont fuck them up anymore...
If I would have had the right history, I would have applied myself... but they want experience over knowledge in it's field, I guess.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Crying Fist is nice, cannot remember rap in it mind you, but it does have a varied soundtrack thats for sure
but again 12 minutes cut, never in hells earth will I buy it. HKL/PA has basically shot themselves in the foot so many times now as I wanted to get the HKL/PA version for subbed extras etc.. but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
but again 12 minutes cut, never in hells earth will I buy it. HKL/PA has basically shot themselves in the foot so many times now as I wanted to get the HKL/PA version for subbed extras etc.. but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
King of Beggars (24th April 2006)
She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
Not really. They were out of stock of "Wheels on Meals" and "Knockabout" until a few days ago. They sold really well.
"Peacock King" is a Yuen Biao-film.
I'm mostly looking forward to "She Shoots Straight". It features my favourite Yuen Wah-stunt ever.
Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
"Peacock King" is a Yuen Biao-film.
I'm mostly looking forward to "She Shoots Straight". It features my favourite Yuen Wah-stunt ever.
Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Cool, another John Woo gunkata film for me to get (released on birthday too). Is it any good? The rubbish sounding plot aside, is the action at least upto to ABT1 Taiwanese restaurant shootout standards?thelostdragon wrote: Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Where did A Better Tomorrow 2 HKL disappear to?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Good question Eva. I'm sure I saw that on some release list.
It's the weakest IMO.
I don't see why I or anyone should have to decipher what you're saying. If Tom, Yi-long, LD and the like can type decent English then you definitely can!
p.s - I won't be deleting your posts just yet but it's a valid point.
Are these any good? Any big names?thelostdragon wrote:She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Anything you can tell us about these LD? Our resident HKL expertthelostdragon wrote:Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Which ones?thelostdragon wrote:Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
Really better than FOF?thelostdragon wrote:Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
It's the weakest IMO.
Speak bloody English Romero that makes no sense. What's veleve? I've a good mind to edit your posts until you start at least making sense! It's really not much to ask to expect members to be able to understand you.romerojpg wrote:I veleve them titles when I see them in front of my dvd player.![]()
I don't see why I or anyone should have to decipher what you're saying. If Tom, Yi-long, LD and the like can type decent English then you definitely can!
p.s - I won't be deleting your posts just yet but it's a valid point.
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Speak bloody English Romero
I think he was trying to say:
"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Cheers. I worked that out after posting but it's not the point. I see Grim agrees with me.Tom2681 wrote:I think he was trying to say:
"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means).
I think I'll see what Mordib thinks.
Back on topic . . .
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
sky75
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 13:04
