Holy Sh*t Play have killed off HKL's website! ;-)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Post Reply
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I caught it a week orso on TV, and was surprised at the bad sound in the fight/shoot-out in the appartment between Tse and some dude...
Now I dont know if this was only in the TV/American version, or also in the original HK version (I dont know of any changes), but it just somehow bothered me a bit.

I quite liked the movie when I first saw it on DVD, a couple of years ago though. Not great by any means, but also not as bad as some people say. I quite like Nic Tse as an actor.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Markgway wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:LOL, how can you say that not having seen the film.
Allow me to rephrase: I didn't think it was good...
Gotcha! :)
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Huh? New Uk Promotional Trailer. Different from the one we have previously seen.

http://www.hongkonglegends.co.uk/traile ... Swords.mpg
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Is Voice-Over Man drunk ? (or drugged ?). He sounds wackier than usual. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

LOL I've just seen the trailer for "Crying Fist". The rap music is terrible :D

You can get the "Champion" PA DVD for £5.95 from the Premier Asia site.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I really hope the rap music is JUST on the trailer!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:I really hope the rap music is JUST on the trailer!
So what if they changed the soundtrack!? who cares!? It doesnt change the movie! Dont be a big baby about it!!!












;) :D :D :D


Seriously though, I'm not buying Crying Fist anyway, no matter what music is on it, cause they cut it 13 minutes. :)

On the HKL website it says they're looking for new marketing people etc. Let's hope those new employees WILL know that it's target audience just wants their movies as they were originally intended, so they wont fuck them up anymore...

If I would have had the right history, I would have applied myself... but they want experience over knowledge in it's field, I guess.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

I think the "Crying Fist"-trailer is great and motivates me to re-watch the movie. I'll soon have a DVD of the PA version and do a comparison with the Korean disc.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Crying Fist is nice, cannot remember rap in it mind you, but it does have a varied soundtrack thats for sure :)

but again 12 minutes cut, never in hells earth will I buy it. HKL/PA has basically shot themselves in the foot so many times now as I wanted to get the HKL/PA version for subbed extras etc.. but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm very sad to say the days where I couldn't wait for the next HKL title are long gone...
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Scratch that last comment, they've just announced Hapkido!!!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

King of Beggars (24th April 2006)
She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)

Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'd like to get most of them :D
Any word on the specs for Big Boss: PE? ;) Whats' Peacock King? I've never heard of it :?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I veleve them titles when I see them in front of my dvd player. :( HKL seem to have just slowed down to a stop, surley it must be effecting sales.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

Not really. They were out of stock of "Wheels on Meals" and "Knockabout" until a few days ago. They sold really well.

"Peacock King" is a Yuen Biao-film.

I'm mostly looking forward to "She Shoots Straight". It features my favourite Yuen Wah-stunt ever.

Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Late April for King of Beggars: hopefully they'll use that time to come up with a better cover-art.
The latest releases from HKL have all suffered from some really awfull cover-art. :(
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote: Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Cool, another John Woo gunkata film for me to get (released on birthday too). Is it any good? The rubbish sounding plot aside, is the action at least upto to ABT1 Taiwanese restaurant shootout standards?

Where did A Better Tomorrow 2 HKL disappear to?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Good question Eva. I'm sure I saw that on some release list.
thelostdragon wrote:She Shoots Straight (15th May 2006)
Peacock King (19th June 2006)
Heroes Shed No Tears (17th July 2006)
Dreadnaught (7th August 2006)
Hapkido (28th August 2006)
Are these any good? Any big names?
thelostdragon wrote:Donnie Yen Triple Box Set (26th June 2006)
The Big Boss Platinum Edition (10th July 2006)
Anything you can tell us about these LD? Our resident HKL expert :D
thelostdragon wrote:Unfortunately, most of them without a commentary by Bey.
Which ones?
thelostdragon wrote:Plus: "The Big Boss"-Platinum. Man, it's my favourite Bruce Lee-flick. It was also the first one I ever saw, which was in... uhm... 1989 I guess.
Really better than FOF?

It's the weakest IMO.
romerojpg wrote:I veleve them titles when I see them in front of my dvd player. :(
Speak bloody English Romero that makes no sense. What's veleve? I've a good mind to edit your posts until you start at least making sense! It's really not much to ask to expect members to be able to understand you.

I don't see why I or anyone should have to decipher what you're saying. If Tom, Yi-long, LD and the like can type decent English then you definitely can!

p.s - I won't be deleting your posts just yet but it's a valid point.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Speak bloody English Romero

I think he was trying to say:

"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means). :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah thats fair enough :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Tom2681 wrote:I think he was trying to say:

"I'll believe in them titles when I see them..." which doesn't make much sense either (but at least we know what he means). :D
Cheers. I worked that out after posting but it's not the point. I see Grim agrees with me.

I think I'll see what Mordib thinks.

Back on topic . . .
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I was actually agreeing with Tom, ie it wasnt hard to work out what Romero meant ;)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

:lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:but not a chance is they cut the film (or give us a diluted international cut).
Do you get them when they're cheap for the extras?
sky75
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 273
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 13:04

Post by sky75 »

Does anybody know what will be in the Donnie yen box-set? Also does anybody know what happened to the premiere Asia release of my wife is a gangster? There's a trailer for it on my copy of ong bak yet I can't find any released details anywhere. :?
Post Reply