CD WOW in court over "grey CD Imports"

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
saltysam2007

Post by saltysam2007 »

User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Welcome to BnB :)
saltysam2007

Post by saltysam2007 »

grim_tales wrote:Welcome to BnB :)
check my username :wink: i had to reregister as lost my password and my old email went down.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Oh I see :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

:lol: @ Grim.

So the music industry facists have won again....? :roll:

This country's courts smell like a pensioner's soggy pants.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I fail to see how sourcing their legit CDs from Asia, Europe or anywhere else is illegal? :? CD-WOW sell product at a reasonable price and get fined by court/BPI.

Cunts! :evil:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

£41m for halping us get cds cheaper! way to go! :roll: pathetic doesnt even come close.

No wonder Pirates are ruling the world, when dicks like this lay down fines for no reason.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

Good. I'm tired of their crap slaes meails every day and worthless search engine.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Agree about their search engine being useless, but bit harsh, no?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I guess record companies stopped making money from music and are now making money through lawsuits...

Fucking greedy bastards. I'll just download my stuff. CD's are WAY overpriced here in Holland, so fuck them. It's just sad that the rich producers will stay just as rich as they always have been. It's the musicians and the starting musicians that will feel it in their wallet.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yi-Long wrote:I guess record companies stopped making money from music
Whatever!
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Post by Lourdes »

grim_tales wrote:Agree about their search engine being useless, but bit harsh, no?
Haha, possibly.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:I guess record companies stopped making money from music
Whatever!
I meant they seem much more busy with sueing everything and everybody for huge sums of money in damages, instead of just improving their product and making sure it sells on it's own. It's like they now just make a living out of lawsuits instead of out of making a living out of just selling a good product.

Obviously, I didnt mean they weren't making any money with their cd-sails, cause I'm sure they still make a HUGE profit from that as well. It just seems they cry, bitch and moan so much about 'lost sales' that it's almost a completely new business for them to just sue and get money...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

If they were serious about stopping piracy they could do massive amounts to stop it, I could grass up plenty of people in a heart beat for cash :D I know people making thousands from cd and dvd piracy, I personally think they are scum of the earth, but hey your average Joe seems to love the shit pirates :roll: I just roll my eyes and get angry with wankers paying £5 for a shit copy of Spiderman 3 etc.. wankers watch shit copies like that.

Cd's on the other hand at least ussually are identical to the origamal, which I guess is why music is so popular to pirate. Still taking cdwow to court is pathetic, letting them win in the UK courts is even worse.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

It amazes me that people will pay to get shitty camcorder jobs when the film will be on DVD in about 4 months anyways. I hate the idea of bootleggers making cash profit, but with downloading, although it's still illegal, no one makes any money, and if CDs were cheaper (which they could and should be) then I honestly think less regular people would do it. Same goes with movies.
Image
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

I download stuff to check it out - if it's good I buy it... however, it seldom is :-/ Music nowadays is mostly pure crap... *sigh* Other stuff I download is stuff I can't buy... either locally or worldwide (think old concert tapes, stuff that's out of production years ago etc.)

(and no, I'm not buying used CDs.)
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Yup I download most music and check it out and if its a good artist and album I will get the CD. I would never buy many artists music ever to test them out, but thats whats good about downloaing I find. If its crap then who cares I will be deleting the crap anyway, if its worth getting on CD then they have got cash from me, which they would never have got if I hadnt downloaded it and tested it out :D its a win, win situation for them with people like us.

Sadly a lot of people dont ever buy any CD's, so I guess they are the fools.

But the thing CDWOW prices were perfect after vouchers for picking up a good album after I had downloaded it and found I liked it, if they cost to much no way I will buy an album thats for sure.