Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"

Post by BiscLimpkit »

What a rip roaring good read. It's a thriller that takes place within 24 hours - so I could almost picture Kiefer Sutherland as Robert Langdon. The suspense factor is just as good as the Harry Potter novels and is remarkably easy to follow, despite the complex subject matter.

I'm well looking forward to reading the Da Vinci Code.

Another reason why I enjoyed it is because it's set in the Vatican City and Rome. I was there in 2004 and could totally picture a lot of the locations. I even dug out my holiday snaps to see how accurate the descriptions were. Sweet.

PS: This would make an awesome film if handled with care. Not seen Da Vinci Code yet...
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Sounds cool Bisc, I have the book but havent read it yet (will do when I've finished reading Da Vinci). BTW, Angels and Demons is the first book about Robert Langdon.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Yeah it is... so why you reading it in reverse order? :lol:
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Because I just got Angels/Demons for my birthday, which was way after I started Da Vinci :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

BiscLimpkit wrote:Yeah it is... so why you reading it in reverse order? :lol:
From what I've heard, the stories are pretty much stand-alone, so the order doesn't matter.
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

I've read both and they are stand alone, so you can read them in any order. Both are very good, and I think I may have prefered Angels and Deamons, but it is a close call.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I think most people have told me they prefer A&D. It's totally making me want to go back to Rome.
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"

Post by saltysam »

Still haven't watched the film of this.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Re: Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"

Post by brooce-leroy »

have no interest in either book/film.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 09:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Re: Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons"

Post by degeneration »

Book - very good.
Film - not so good.
Post Reply