Holy Sh*t Play have killed off HKL's website! ;-)

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

BTW I agree that "Peacock King" cover kinda resembles Story of Ricky :)
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

bradavon wrote: Yee of little faith:

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/20368.html

That's 3 possible places to get it. I doubt it's actually OOP just yet.

yeah but i cant afford that much! lol seriously i only get £30 a week.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL well that's why I posted links to it at £15 silly :wink: , which is still to expensive IMO.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:LOL well that's why I posted links to it at £15 silly :wink: , which is still to expensive IMO.
cheapskate :D
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

grim_tales wrote:BTW I agree that "Peacock King" cover kinda resembles Story of Ricky :)
So that's as much creativity HKL posesses? Jusy because the director Nam Nai Choi did both films doesn't mean it's the same excessive gorefest. On the contrary. Anyway, I care for presentation in the end but I won't toss my Universe dvd yet.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt say it (PK) was a gorefest :? I've never seen the movie. I thought you were implying HKL's Peacock King cover resembles the Story of Ricky cover ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:cheapskate :D
Nope I paid £16 for SFLV: LE but Ong-bak is very average so I'm not paying £15 on what is probably more of the same :)
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

i've seen TYG but im still not gonna pay £15 for a dvd lol
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I never pay more than a tenner for an average DVD.

Even 2-disc sets.

It would have to be something extra special.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Me too but some you've got no choice:

Criterions
The odd worthwhile Korean DVD
Box sets

For example.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Criterions = Cult :D

Realy never paid more than about 6 pound for any PA or HKL titles in years now, they go down in price so quick you would be sily to pay for them on release (or just eager).
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

grim_tales wrote:I didnt say it (PK) was a gorefest :? I've never seen the movie. I thought you were implying HKL's Peacock King cover resembles the Story of Ricky cover ;)
Didn't mean to have a go at you. Was more implying earlier that it resembles another japan horror film akin to Ringu and even though it's a co-production with Japan, it just doesn't reflect the film well. But again, presentation please! :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:Criterions = Cult :D

Realy never paid more than about 6 pound for any PA or HKL titles in years now, they go down in price so quick you would be sily to pay for them on release (or just eager).
how much did you pay for that german resident evil LE a while back ?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Ken,
I think the cover kinda looks like the art for Ju-On: The Grudge as well (one of those movies anyway) ;)
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

She Shoots Straight dvd info added to this review:

http://www.dragonsdenuk.com/reviews/she ... raight.htm

Comparison pics in the dvd info section. The screengrabs in the actual review body are from the Universe disc. Go nuts...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The HKL image is superior, but WTF about the cropping!?!
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

It's also a lot darker, though.
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

LOL! So many "From the [insert job title] of [insert movie title]."

They left out "by the same best boy who once worked with Jackie Channnnn".
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

It's as I always think it may not be ideal but it's the best so I can live with it.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote:LOL! So many "From the [insert job title] of [insert movie title]."

They left out "by the same best boy who once worked with Jackie Channnnn".
I wish that people would just get over stuff like this. It's a niche title and they need every tactic they can use to lure in the mainstream buyer. The more people buying the DVD, the better it is for us fans of something which is (sadly) considered in a niche market.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

EvaUnit02 wrote:The more people buying the DVD, the better it is for us fans...
Well, not anymore with HKL, Eva.
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote: Well, not anymore with HKL, Eva.
Pfft, we can live with barebones discs. The availability of English-friendly releases with decent AV is all that really matters in the end.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Yeah, we can live with barebone discs, but not if they are still being sold at the same price as before.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Of course they will be but it's not like we have any choice and besides it takes no time at all for them to go down in price.

Eva is right most of these HKL titles the competition is a mess.