The "DVD Mystère" discussion thread

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

clue or new screenshot-time perhaps?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

All nopes so far, which is a bit weird as it's considered a classic by some...

2nd screenshot
Image
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Beyond Hypothermia?
Image
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

On The Run
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Brooce is right :) It's the Yuen Biao classic On The Run :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

it is a classic but that character in the first shot isn't THE character and image the film lives with to this day. :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Knetan wrote:hey,

it is a classic but that character in the first shot isn't THE character and image the film lives with to this day. :)
Well no, but obviously having a big-ass Yuen Biao image to start it off with, would have been way to easy, so I just used a picture of one of his collegues ;)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

:D
Last edited by tom2681 on 02 Apr 2006, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Image

hong kong
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

a challenge is always good.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Infernal Affairs 3?
Image
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

SPL?
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Shit, I wish I knew what I was looking at...?

As soon as I saw Pat Ha I knew the previous film... damn I can't stay on 24/7 can I??? :?
Image
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

Markgway wrote:As soon as I saw Pat Ha I knew the previous film... damn I can't stay on 24/7 can I??? :?
AARRRGGHHH! I would have gotten it with that Pat Ha shot, too. :evil:
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

it was here recently but my guess would have to be 2046?
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

2nd clue:

Image
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Full Alert?
Image
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Heroic Duo?
Image
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Yeah, Heroic Duo.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Nice one, Bisc. :)

Scores:
Tom2681 = 90 Points.
Markgway = 75 Points.
LostDragon = 62 Points.
Yi-Long = 47 Points.
BiscLimpkit = 42 Points.
Brooce-Leroy = 41 Points.
Knetan = 27 Points.
ReconFive = 21 Points.
Gasteropod = 18 Points.
RomeroJPG = 15 Points.
Grim Tales = 15 Points.
Slasher13 = 15 Points.
The68Monkey = 13 Points.
Mordib = 12 Points.
Keung94 = 10 Points.
EvaUnit2 = 9 Points.
Bradavon = 6 Points.
Limited Edition Slag (TigerCage) = 3 Points.
IronMonkey = 3 Points.
Kurgan = 3 Points.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Cheers!

Image

US
Image
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

What the "Bleep" Do We Know?
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

did you see that movie 68? its a very interesting movie, as is waking life

as for the screen shot no idea :D
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 03:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

No, I haven't seen it, but I thought Stephen Hawking's book was a good fit with that film. I'll check it out one of these days, though. :)
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Donnie Darko?