Al dvds are cheaper than HKL thats for sure, Play has them very cheap at the moment. I wouldnt buy from HKL direct ever as they are not worth wasting cash on when they are alwas cheaper elsewhere.
A Chinese Ghost Story 2 and Outlaw Brothers are the only two HKL titles I need to keep my collection up to date. I've got all the others so I can't even use the code to take advantage of some of the prices of the older discs.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
grim_tales wrote:Isnt there another DVD you'd like?
Nope............
Well.... was thinking about getting the Platinum Iron Monkey but only if it's cheap. No more than £7.99. Preferably less.
Anyone know what the design of the Upcoming Yuen Woo Ping Box Set is? You get three DVDs including the I.M P.E for only slightly more than I.M P.E on its own! But I have Wing Chun and don't want tai Chi Boxer so if it's a digipack its no use. But if it comes with seperate case.... I can sell the two I don't want. But something tells me HKL will go the cheaper digipack route.
Fist of Fury: Platinum Edition
Brotherhood
The Grudge: Platinum Edition
City On Fire
Moon Warriors
In that order. I'll get Brotherhood after Xmas and FOF I can't wait for. The rest I'll get one day I'm in no rush, it's Xmas for a start!
grim_tales wrote:Thats just one "Christmas Present" thing they have each day Brad, a different offe/chance to win a prize or something each day until Xmas.
Didnt you get that e-mail too?
I know. I was just saying it's a cheek to expect to pay a penny towards a competition etc . . .
Yes I did but like Romero said there is no point buying from HKL direct. I will add though some of their deals can be decent and titles like WOTD: PE (which is now very hard to find) you have/had to buy from HKL direct.
But something tells me HKL will go the cheaper digipack route.
That would be more expensive. They already have the amaray cases for these films so would only have to make a slip-case.
I agree though digi-pack is likely. What were the other ones like?
grim_tales wrote:The PE image is clearly superior. Nice review LD.
Is it worth keeping the CE for Beys other commentary? Its a shame thats not included.
I don't have the Fox. Do you know anybody who has it? Mail him and ask him to take a few screenshots (of course from the same scenes as the screenshots of the HKL available online).
Once Upon A Time In Highschool
My Wife Is a Gangster
I saw the MWIAG trailer on the Outlaw Brothers DVD and it looked quite funny Maybe it'll be like the Bang-Rajan trailer though, that was on HKL/PA DVDs at least 18 months before the film was released.
I'd almost forgotten HKL had Once Upon A Time in Highschool as well. What is that?