I'm not sure if this is fake or what, as I don't really follow the latest Star Wars news. I noticed that http://www.zonadvd.com have a video of a CGI Yoda from the Phantom Menace. I heard rumours that Episode I is no longer available as Lucas is giving it the SE treatment (as per the 1997/2004 Special Editions)?
The Phantom Menace
The Phantom Menace SE
This is the first time I've seen anything like this. So I'm sorry if it's a farce.
That just shows that this kind of alteration isn't actually needed - I didn't even notice that it was a puppet! I mean, the difference is apparent when you look at the two screenshots side by side, but is it really necessary?
I don't think so!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
I like the puppet also better, in those screenshots... it's like they gave Yoda a botox or something for the cgi version...
Havent seen any of the new starwars movies though, so can't go indepth with my criticism
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
But for all of the Phantom menace's flaws it does have the best light sabre battles of any Star Wars film and the excellent "Duel of the fates" musical score!
sky75 wrote:But for all of the Phantom menace's flaws it does have the best light sabre battles of any Star Wars film and the excellent "Duel of the fates" musical score!
A few good slices still can't save an apple that's rotten to the core though.