The MovieTyme Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

The MovieTyme Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

MOVIETYME IN UK??????? CUSTOMS FREE? -

Well I want Battlestar Galactica Season 1 from them, but it seems the site is based towards americans now! :? do they ship from UK still or not? as its not worth getting if customs get the bugger.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Contact:

Post by slasher13 »

Hey Romerojpg

I've never had any problems with them. I purchased the Kenshin Premium boxset and didn't get stung from Custom. I believe they still ship from the UK.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Ahhh nice to know still :) I used them ages ago you see and the site says to contact them sent mail to america, so BG S1 will be bought as its cheapest place on the net (after appaulimng customs charges everywhere else)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

How is the site geared towards the USA? You just need to change the currency to Sterling.

They're expensive though from experiance.
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Contact:

Post by slasher13 »

They're expensive though from experiance.
i found some of there titles quite cheap. eg Dune TV Special Edition (3 Disk) for £6.99.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Fair enough, cheers for the heads up.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

been using these a lot again lately,my original region 1 supplier :D craig who runs it is a good guy. some prices are pretty good lost season 1 at £29.99 was ok,they ship from usa to a base in uk then reship out i think.they are customs free and always ship titles a week or 2 early.
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I only used them a few times in the past as I am one of the people who doesnt like to pay extra to get a dvd early.
I would rather wait longer and get it cheaper, still some titles are cheaper than anywhere else when you factor in customs, Battlestar is one of them :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

yeah since soon shit on me and everyone else been jugling my region 1 suppliers with mixed results.got hit with a £17 charge on a dvdpacific package today :cry: so as you say factor in customs and movietyme can be reasonable.
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

DVDSOON are scum! lets hope they burn in hel,l soon! after I get my hundreds of $ back! :roll:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

American Gangster combo back at £10.99

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... ea78ee5a39
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

American Gangster HD-DVD Combo £8.99 -

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=38907
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

£7.99
Dawn of the Dead (Blu-Ray) (1979)
Day Of The Dead (Blu Ray)
Evil Dead 2 (Blu ray)

£8.99
Devil's Rejects, The (Blu-ray)
First Blood (Blu-ray)
Stir of Echoes (Blu-ray)

£9.99
Fifth Element - Remastered (Blu-Ray)
Halloween (Blu ray)
Punisher, The (Blu-ray) (2004)
Road Warrior, The (Blu-ray)
Scanner Darkly (Blu-ray)
Stargate (Blu-ray)
Total Recall (Blu-ray) (1990)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Blu-ray) (1991)

Source: AV Forums.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Go to Browse

Bargain Titles = HD DVD = list in cheapest first order

and they some cheaper still.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Romero. I went for Traffic HD-DVD for £6.99 with £1 off.

Here are the links:

HD-DVD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/budget ... 18&sort=5a
BD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/defaul ... 55&sort=5a
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You can also get more of Movietyme £1 vouchers, by not ordering with the same acocunt, start a new account each time you order a HD title and use a different email addy and you get £1 vouchers sent to each account, instead of 1 a month for 1 account.

I did it by accident as I forgot my password etc.. and I get a few now on seperate email addys.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It annoys me they expire. I've not been able to use a voucher before for ages. I don't buy from MovieTyme every month.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Thanks Romero. I went for Traffic HD-DVD for £6.99 with £1 off.
The Universal HD-DVD that uses a DVD transfer? Fucking fool. :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm not convinced that's true:

http://www.dvdauthority.com/reviews.asp?ReviewID=4804
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/traffic.html
http://www.dvdtown.com/reviews/traffic/3955/2
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/24577/traffic/

All giving solid picture quality reviews, taking into account Traffic will never looking stunning. Even if it is true, those reviews still say it looks better than the DVD.

EDIT: I've cancelled it (MovieTyme let you do it online). I was already really unsure whether I needed it when my Criterion offers such an excellent package already (excellent extras).

Having checked out the comparison again, including the extensive capture comparison over at AVS Forum:

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3502

I'm not convinced it's a 480i Upscaled picture (but will bow to the knowledge of more experienced users) but it definitely looks poor. Some shots look sharper than the SD DVD but others look full of edge enhancement. The biggest problem though is the excessive Mosquito Noise, not on the SD DVD or Broadcast HD Transfer. The 720p Broadcast HD Transfer looks lovely.

It does bode the question: Is it really worth keeping the Leaving Las Vegas HD-DVD? That looks very poor too.

Thanks Eva, for prompting me to take another look.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

The Longest Day: 2 Disc Special Edition: DVD £3.99 -

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39162
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

I Am Legend blu-ray £11.99- not bad for a pretty newish release

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39199
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:I Am Legend blu-ray £11.99- not bad for a pretty newish release

http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39199

Tiny bit cheaper here I think
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=111852429

For such a big film the Blu Ray's a damn disapointment extras wise. The film has got worse each watch for me :D 3 times for me now, the Blu Ray was the worst, the film just feels wrong. 3 times in 5 months, scary!

But it was free for me so I am happy haha
Post Reply