Well I want Battlestar Galactica Season 1 from them, but it seems the site is based towards americans now!
The MovieTyme Bargains Thread!
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
The MovieTyme Bargains Thread!
MOVIETYME IN UK??????? CUSTOMS FREE? -
Well I want Battlestar Galactica Season 1 from them, but it seems the site is based towards americans now!
do they ship from UK still or not? as its not worth getting if customs get the bugger.
Well I want Battlestar Galactica Season 1 from them, but it seems the site is based towards americans now!
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
been using these a lot again lately,my original region 1 supplier
craig who runs it is a good guy. some prices are pretty good lost season 1 at £29.99 was ok,they ship from usa to a base in uk then reship out i think.they are customs free and always ship titles a week or 2 early.
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
£9.99 Blu-rays:
The Punisher: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=32907
Total Recall: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=34672
£10.99 Blu-rays:
Con Air: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=38766
The Punisher: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=32907
Total Recall: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=34672
£10.99 Blu-rays:
Con Air: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=38766
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Bourne Identity HD-DVD £7.49 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=36515
Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD £7.49 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=32086
Top Gun HD-DVD £8.49 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=37467
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=36515
Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD £7.49 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=32086
Top Gun HD-DVD £8.49 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=37467
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
£7.99
Dawn of the Dead (Blu-Ray) (1979)
Day Of The Dead (Blu Ray)
Evil Dead 2 (Blu ray)
£8.99
Devil's Rejects, The (Blu-ray)
First Blood (Blu-ray)
Stir of Echoes (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Fifth Element - Remastered (Blu-Ray)
Halloween (Blu ray)
Punisher, The (Blu-ray) (2004)
Road Warrior, The (Blu-ray)
Scanner Darkly (Blu-ray)
Stargate (Blu-ray)
Total Recall (Blu-ray) (1990)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Blu-ray) (1991)
Source: AV Forums.
Dawn of the Dead (Blu-Ray) (1979)
Day Of The Dead (Blu Ray)
Evil Dead 2 (Blu ray)
£8.99
Devil's Rejects, The (Blu-ray)
First Blood (Blu-ray)
Stir of Echoes (Blu-ray)
£9.99
Fifth Element - Remastered (Blu-Ray)
Halloween (Blu ray)
Punisher, The (Blu-ray) (2004)
Road Warrior, The (Blu-ray)
Scanner Darkly (Blu-ray)
Stargate (Blu-ray)
Total Recall (Blu-ray) (1990)
Terminator 2: Judgement Day (Blu-ray) (1991)
Source: AV Forums.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Thanks Romero. I went for Traffic HD-DVD for £6.99 with £1 off.
Here are the links:
HD-DVD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/budget ... 18&sort=5a
BD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/defaul ... 55&sort=5a
Here are the links:
HD-DVD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/budget ... 18&sort=5a
BD: http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/defaul ... 55&sort=5a
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
You can also get more of Movietyme £1 vouchers, by not ordering with the same acocunt, start a new account each time you order a HD title and use a different email addy and you get £1 vouchers sent to each account, instead of 1 a month for 1 account.
I did it by accident as I forgot my password etc.. and I get a few now on seperate email addys.
I did it by accident as I forgot my password etc.. and I get a few now on seperate email addys.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I'm not convinced that's true:
http://www.dvdauthority.com/reviews.asp?ReviewID=4804
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/traffic.html
http://www.dvdtown.com/reviews/traffic/3955/2
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/24577/traffic/
All giving solid picture quality reviews, taking into account Traffic will never looking stunning. Even if it is true, those reviews still say it looks better than the DVD.
EDIT: I've cancelled it (MovieTyme let you do it online). I was already really unsure whether I needed it when my Criterion offers such an excellent package already (excellent extras).
Having checked out the comparison again, including the extensive capture comparison over at AVS Forum:
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3502
I'm not convinced it's a 480i Upscaled picture (but will bow to the knowledge of more experienced users) but it definitely looks poor. Some shots look sharper than the SD DVD but others look full of edge enhancement. The biggest problem though is the excessive Mosquito Noise, not on the SD DVD or Broadcast HD Transfer. The 720p Broadcast HD Transfer looks lovely.
It does bode the question: Is it really worth keeping the Leaving Las Vegas HD-DVD? That looks very poor too.
Thanks Eva, for prompting me to take another look.
http://www.dvdauthority.com/reviews.asp?ReviewID=4804
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/traffic.html
http://www.dvdtown.com/reviews/traffic/3955/2
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/24577/traffic/
All giving solid picture quality reviews, taking into account Traffic will never looking stunning. Even if it is true, those reviews still say it looks better than the DVD.
EDIT: I've cancelled it (MovieTyme let you do it online). I was already really unsure whether I needed it when my Criterion offers such an excellent package already (excellent extras).
Having checked out the comparison again, including the extensive capture comparison over at AVS Forum:
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... php?t=3502
I'm not convinced it's a 480i Upscaled picture (but will bow to the knowledge of more experienced users) but it definitely looks poor. Some shots look sharper than the SD DVD but others look full of edge enhancement. The biggest problem though is the excessive Mosquito Noise, not on the SD DVD or Broadcast HD Transfer. The 720p Broadcast HD Transfer looks lovely.
It does bode the question: Is it really worth keeping the Leaving Las Vegas HD-DVD? That looks very poor too.
Thanks Eva, for prompting me to take another look.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
The Longest Day: 2 Disc Special Edition: DVD £3.99 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39162
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39162
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
I Am Legend blu-ray £11.99- not bad for a pretty newish release
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39199
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39199
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
saltysam wrote:I Am Legend blu-ray £11.99- not bad for a pretty newish release
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=39199
Tiny bit cheaper here I think
http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=111852429
For such a big film the Blu Ray's a damn disapointment extras wise. The film has got worse each watch for me
But it was free for me so I am happy haha