The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
This was a bit of a let-down.pity.
working class blu-ray fan
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I loved Ahnoldt's cameo! Entering the building like Christ, with an odd puppet-like walk, and his endearingly terrible acting, what a legend haha. The film was all right but suffered from the horrible fast editing syndrome, good explosions though.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I got one of those Cineworld complimentary passes but the ads say it can't be used on new films.
Bah. By the time it's valid the film will be off.
I guess I'll go on Bargain Tuesday.
Still a fiver... some bargain.
Might see if there's something I can use the free pass on whilst I'm there.
Bah. By the time it's valid the film will be off.
I guess I'll go on Bargain Tuesday.
Still a fiver... some bargain.
Might see if there's something I can use the free pass on whilst I'm there.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
£5 in a multiplex is definitely a bargain. It's about £8 for me and a tenner in London. Most of the time I go to a smaller cinema, who charge a fiver but don't often get blockbusters. Not until weeks after anyway.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Mine's £6.30.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Which chain? That's good. That's without deals? As I'm now a member of Odeon I get 25% off on Tuesdays though.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Yeah it's without deals, to me that's expensive though as it didn't used to be that high. I'm not sure if it is a chain, it's called Parkway Cinema in Cleethorpes.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
It's £6.50 at the Cineworld on Broad Street: Birmingham which is a state of the art cinema (smallest screen is something like 45ft), but then it's £7.00 at the Cineworld in Wolverhampton which is about as scummy as you can get and only has one large screen with surround sound! Wolverhampton is generally not a more expensive city than Birmingham as well! 
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Regular price here in dumbdee is £6.60 for adults.
I guess I was spoilt in my high school days when I used to skip school on Friday afternoons to visit my local fleapit (two screens - and that was after expansion in the 1980s) where a ticket cost £3.00 - and yes they screened the latest blockbusters.
Was like a second home to me. I felt like crying when it closed in 1998. Fucking multiplex bastards.
London prices are always a rip. They charge more simply because people there will pay more.
You can get DVDs and Blu Rays now for less that the cost of a single ticket. That's got to be madness.
I guess I was spoilt in my high school days when I used to skip school on Friday afternoons to visit my local fleapit (two screens - and that was after expansion in the 1980s) where a ticket cost £3.00 - and yes they screened the latest blockbusters.
Was like a second home to me. I felt like crying when it closed in 1998. Fucking multiplex bastards.
London prices are always a rip. They charge more simply because people there will pay more.
You can get DVDs and Blu Rays now for less that the cost of a single ticket. That's got to be madness.
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I remember when my local cinema closed (an old cannon) it was still only £1.00 a ticket, the first multiplex in the town killed it off. I think Jurassic Park was the last major film it showed!
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I heard my local cinema (which closed in about 1994/95) in St. Albans will be open again at some point (couple of years?) after money has been secured to do it up again and open it. It used to be an Odeon.
Prices in Hatfield are £7-8 or something for an adult ticket now. Watford is outrageous.
Prices in Hatfield are £7-8 or something for an adult ticket now. Watford is outrageous.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Mine was a Cannon too. That chain rocked. No bullshit, just films at good prices.Shingster wrote:I remember when my local cinema closed (an old cannon) it was still only £1.00 a ticket, the first multiplex in the town killed it off. I think Jurassic Park was the last major film it showed!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Bugger. Just checked the local paper and there's nothing on at Cineworld I want to see next week.
At least nothing that isn't marked 'no free passes'.
I would've tried SALT but obviously that's new...
Anyone want to buy a Cineworld Complimentary Pass?
It's valid for 3D films (if that's your bag)
Not valid at select London cinemas.
At least nothing that isn't marked 'no free passes'.
I would've tried SALT but obviously that's new...
Anyone want to buy a Cineworld Complimentary Pass?
It's valid for 3D films (if that's your bag)
Not valid at select London cinemas.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
The cinematography in Expendables was terrible, it was hard to follow the action most of the time. It uses the faux documentary, steady cam style that only Paul Greengrass can pull off. Makes me appreciate how well done the action scenes were in the rather pants Scott Pilgrim Versus the World by comparison, TBH. (Scott Pilgrim was a huge let down after Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. It felt like a Special Olympics version of a Michel Gondry film, TBH.)
Other than that, I mostly loved it. Total throwback to the 1980's/90's action B-movies that I adore, will buy on Blu-ray for sure. Rambo 4 is still the superior film by a long shot though. 6.5/10, would've been significantly higher if it had better cinematography.
Other than that, I mostly loved it. Total throwback to the 1980's/90's action B-movies that I adore, will buy on Blu-ray for sure. Rambo 4 is still the superior film by a long shot though. 6.5/10, would've been significantly higher if it had better cinematography.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I'm gonna rewatch The Expendables on Blu or DVD where the photography and editing might prove less disorientating. I refuse to accept that I didn't like this movie!
BTW. I did get to use that free pass. The dude at the box office hadn't see one like that before and so gave me my ticket. Nice.
BTW. I did get to use that free pass. The dude at the box office hadn't see one like that before and so gave me my ticket. Nice.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Nope the film is no easier to watch on DVD tried it, it still sucks.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Pah, well I enjoyed it!
In spite of the flaws I pointed out, great fun film.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I enjoyed it, but the editing sucks like a slut trying to get a golf-ball out of a knob end.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Just noticed these coupla posts on Digital Spy (scroll down).
Could there be a DC of The Expendables?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... st43947743
Could there be a DC of The Expendables?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... st43947743
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Stallone has already tweeted it.15 minutes longer.
working class blu-ray fan
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Hopefully those 15 minutes will consist of longer takes during the action sequences 
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
47548 extended shots thengasteropod wrote:Hopefully those 15 minutes will consist of longer takes during the action sequences
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
I hope so, found the editing fairly choppy.gasteropod wrote:Hopefully those 15 minutes will consist of longer takes during the action sequences
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Expendables-Stallone,Li,Statham & Lundgren!
Unfortunately it won't happen because that disgraceful type of editing is the in-thing at the moment 
