The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Cheers, I'm just relieved to finally know what it is and to start treatment after all these years of people not being interested and thinking I was a hypochondriac or something.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Sorry to hear that Gas mate :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Good to hear they finally know what it is, Gas. Not knowing what the hell is wrong with you, thus not being taken seriously by many, is extremely frustrating indeed. Let's hope that with the new medicine, you'll be better soon.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Thanks guys, I hope so :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Hope you get things sorted Gas.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11926
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

ok, time to learn to sing. Pisses me off when a Vietnamese friend is singing some fuckin Tokyo Love Story in karaoke and getting praise for it. Gotta take the mic and sing something that isn't fucking shit.

First project:
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
The Street Beats - I Wanna Change (japanese)
Ozaki Kiyohiko - Mata au hi made (japanese, very easy)

I wanted to sing Owaranai uta by The Blue Hearts but it's fucking difficult for a nihongo novice. Maybe graduation project ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Ha ha. Check out the attention to detail. I bet it's dreadful:

http://hcc.techradar.com/blogs/team-hcc ... m-14-05-10

"though, amusingly, there will be an option on the DVD to watch the production with all the sex cut out"

The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0YQoAqmrU
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

I think it looks great.the guy playing Batman (Dale Dabone :thumbs: ) has got Adam West uncannily dead-on by the looks of the trailer.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Porn stars aren't exactly known for their acting but then neither is Batman 1960. I'd give it a gander for sure. The 60s Batman is ace.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

It's my birthday today :D
I'm on holiday now, in Greece :) Got some money and cards (probably get presents when I get back home).
I went bowling today, I was rubbish :P
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:It's my birthday today :D
I'm on holiday now, in Greece :) Got some money and cards (probably get presents when I get back home).
Happy birthday, man! How the hell did you end up in Greece btw, and more importantly, how is it over there?
I went bowling today, I was rubbish :P
Weren't you rubbish at bowling a few years ago as well? Didn't we tell you that you should just throw the ball down the middle of the lane so you would hit those pin-shaped objects at the end of it!? It isn't that hard! Stop embarressing us! :rage:

Don't return from Greece untill you have practice and you can bowl a 200! With your left hand! Blindfolded! While tapdancing and singing!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Happy birthday for yesterday Grim, hope you're having a great time in Greece!
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

I think he means Grease - as in the musical. :D
Image
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

A belated Happy Birthday Grim. :rock:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Happy Birthday Grim. I don't usually look at this thread.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:Happy Birthday Grim. I don't usually look at this thread.
...yet someone mentions a musical, and here you are. Typical(!) :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes :) I was in Greece with family on holiday.
Usually I'm much better at bowling than that :icon_suspect:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote: Usually I'm much better at bowling than that :icon_suspect:
No you're not, you senile bastard! :D
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Does anyone recognize from which movie this animated picture comes from?
Image

Should be a japanese flick or something.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Seems a little upset...
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Link is unsafe according to my antivirus.
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11926
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote:Link is unsafe according to my antivirus.
Are you kidding me? The first link is a direct link to a picture in my photobucket album. It's a screencap from the film Love Exposure.

(and the second link is a link to the Love Exposure thread on this board)

What does your antivirus say about this link?

EDIT: while perfectly safe, I should perhaps have added it's not 100% work safe :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

It's likely the Norton Anti-Banner is blocking it, instead of it being considered Malware. Anti-Banner is there to block those annoying adverts. It's likely a false positive.

Which I know is a dumb technical term but it means it's falsely flagged something up as positive. If it allows you to ignore and open, just do that. In this instance.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

I get a popup with a red X claiming their are 4 computer risks.

A link to the report:

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?u ... bucket.com
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11926
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote:I get a popup with a red X claiming their are 4 computer risks.

A link to the report:

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?u ... bucket.com
I don't know about these things... but those four risks it's listing are not my photobucket album.

Brad is probably right about the reasons.

ok, I assume you can see the photo if I just add img tags to the link. Here:

Image
Post Reply