The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
DangerousLeeHandsome
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 313
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
Location: California, US

Post by DangerousLeeHandsome »

I'm sure Fong Sai yuk will be from DD. DD is under the Genius-Wellspring umbrella.

Post edited:Fong Sai yuk from DD.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Great, thanks.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Great film. Let's hope they don't fuck this one up too.
Image
chenlung
King of Beggars
Posts: 901
Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
Location: Scotland

Post by chenlung »

Markgway wrote:Great film. Let's hope they don't fuck this one up too.
You erm, think you could burn me your Channel 4 copy onto a DVD-R :)?

I discarded mine (what a fucking dick I was to throw away nostalgia!) as I had better I suppose, but subtitles were pretty good and it was overall cool. I could do with a version without a crappy TV signal like the one at my end.
Scott
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Whats so good about the C4 version of FSY?
I still have the C4 version of Police Story II (probably the MIHK version) :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

chenlung wrote:You erm, think you could burn me your Channel 4 copy onto a DVD-R :)?
I don't have the means or the tape. I wiped it years ago.
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:I still have the C4 version of Police Story II (probably the MIHK version) :D
It's exactly the same.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Whats so good about the C4 version of FSY?
Old School Ads :D.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Didn't one of you say that it has flavour subtitles, such as "Fuck off, Northerner git."
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Really? :D.
chenlung
King of Beggars
Posts: 901
Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
Location: Scotland

Post by chenlung »

Some errors slightly, but it felt a better script. Was actually longer than the Universe DVD, except when a corpse burns at the start it would seem where the Universe is intact.
Scott
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Didn't one of you say that it has flavour subtitles, such as "Fuck off, Northerner git."
Yeah, that was me. I laughed when I saw that. I think the subber must've been from London.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Why?
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 265
Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54

Post by RickyTheDragonSteamboat »

Ivan Drago wrote:One thing I am wary of is that, according to one contact, DD used existing HD masters for FoL and Tai Chi Master, which has the frame blurring built in - its not DD's doing.
That was also true with DD's release of Hard-boiled. I still remember hordes of geeks on another forum bitching about the "botched cropping, stretching and distortion" of the image. Who gives a shit! That was the same version seen on the 2005 Scanbox R2 release and nobody bitched about that.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

RickyTheDragonSteamboat wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:One thing I am wary of is that, according to one contact, DD used existing HD masters for FoL and Tai Chi Master, which has the frame blurring built in - its not DD's doing.
That was also true with DD's release of Hard-boiled. I still remember hordes of geeks on another forum bitching about the "botched cropping, stretching and distortion" of the image. Who gives a shit! That was the same version seen on the 2005 Scanbox R2 release and nobody bitched about that.
Ummm...no, the cropping and distortion is uniqe to the DD
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
eon
Little White Dragon
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 11:07
Location: Down Under

Post by eon »

Fong Sai Yuk, excellent, finally a "decent" release... March isn't _that_ far away either.
chenlung
King of Beggars
Posts: 901
Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
Location: Scotland

Post by chenlung »

eon wrote:Fong Sai Yuk, excellent, finally a "decent" release... March isn't _that_ far away either.
Wouldn't hold your breath, but I am curious.
Scott
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 265
Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54

Post by RickyTheDragonSteamboat »

Ivan Drago wrote: Ummm...no, the cropping and distortion is uniqe to the DD
No, it isn't. Check, double check and recheck.

Thats what I did.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 217
Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 23:38

Post by oldeschool17 »

RickyTheDragonSteamboat wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:One thing I am wary of is that, according to one contact, DD used existing HD masters for FoL and Tai Chi Master, which has the frame blurring built in - its not DD's doing.
That was also true with DD's release of Hard-boiled. I still remember hordes of geeks on another forum bitching about the "botched cropping, stretching and distortion" of the image. Who gives a shit! That was the same version seen on the 2005 Scanbox R2 release and nobody bitched about that.
Most of those hordes of geeks you state post on here. lol
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11931
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

RickyTheDragonSteamboat wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:One thing I am wary of is that, according to one contact, DD used existing HD masters for FoL and Tai Chi Master, which has the frame blurring built in - its not DD's doing.
That was also true with DD's release of Hard-boiled. I still remember hordes of geeks on another forum bitching about the "botched cropping, stretching and distortion" of the image. Who gives a shit! That was the same version seen on the 2005 Scanbox R2 release and nobody bitched about that.
I might point out that nobody ever bought the Scanbox edition. That's why it didn't receive any critisism. It wasn't praised by anyone either.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Judging from Ricky's posts on many forums, he's DDs only fan!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
oldeschool17
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 217
Joined: 21 Sep 2008, 23:38

Post by oldeschool17 »

Ivan Drago wrote:Judging from Ricky's posts on many forums, he's DDs only fan!
And why they/Genius are doing so well right now. As of yesterday they closed @ .02. lol
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=GNPIE.OB
Dont bother checking their financial statements cause they are epic fail
:D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'm a DD fan. I was more of a HKL fan though.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

bradavon wrote:I'm a DD fan. I was more of a HKL fan though.
I think I was more of a HKL fan cause I was less aware of their flaws and they released a good range. The only DDs I've bothered with have been the Shaw titles
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
DangerousLeeHandsome
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 313
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
Location: California, US

Post by DangerousLeeHandsome »

I'm a fan of DD too, slightly more so than HKL.

DD's Hard-Boiled didn't look all that bad.