Fight Club resubmitted to the BBFC - now uncut

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Fight Club resubmitted to the BBFC - now uncut

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Still doesn't make it a good film though... :alien:
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

You fool - it is an amazing film. And I don't care if it's now uncut - I own the R4 :D
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

It's a fantastic film, although the resubmission doesn't bother me either as I have the R1 version.

Does this mean a new release is coming then?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

gasteropod wrote:You fool - it is an amazing film. And I don't care if it's now uncut - I own the R4 :D
You fool - you miss out on a bunch of commentaries available on the R1. :P

The first half of Fight Club is good, it goes down the crapper after that. Honestly, only a moron wouldn't see the big twist coming from a mile away. :roll: I hate how predictable Hollywood thrillers are.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

EvaUnit02 wrote:You fool - you miss out on a bunch of commentaries available on the R1. :P

The first half of Fight Club is good, it goes down the crapper after that. Honestly, only a moron wouldn't see the big twist coming from a mile away. :roll: I hate how predictable Hollywood thrillers are.
I stand before you, a moron.

I guess a UK SE is coming... I'm not sure whether to wait or try and get the R1 version... nothing's been announced yet anyways.
Image
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

Well, the UK had a Special Edition, the same as the US Special Edition, except it had cuts for violence and I think the commentaries were missing.

The R1 and R2 Special Editions have long since been out of print. I think you will have a hard time finding the 2 disc set. Shops & e-tailers everywhere only seem to stock the single disc version...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

EvaUnit02 wrote:You fool - you miss out on a bunch of commentaries available on the R1. :P.
I wouldn't listen to them anyway! Wahhhh
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Well, here's your new R2 release. The film bundled with the original book. *Yawn*
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

I'll try and hunt down the R1 SE then.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

The R3 Korean SE has DTS instead of the commentaries but I believe it's also cut.

Big deal IMO I've owned the R1 for ages now. The R1 also has lovely digi-pack which won't be on the R4.