How many DVDs do you own ?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion

How many ?

0 - 20 (I'm a beginner)
0
No votes
20 - 50
0
No votes
50 - 200 (average collection)
2
17%
200 -500 (been at it for a few years)
6
50%
500 - 1000 (can't even count them anymore)
3
25%
1000+ (I'm a nutcase)
1
8%
 
Total votes: 12

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

How many DVDs do you own ?

Post by tom2681 »

And I mean "legal" dvds.
Pirate copies do not count.
Also, double-discers only count as one.


I just wanna check whether I'm crazy to have bought so many discs :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

if your the 500-1000 person then yes, totally crazy :D my 400+ collection is far too big as it is, looking to knock it down to around 200 sometime soon....
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

839 dvds to be exact.
Image....Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I think I've got somewhere between the 300-350 mark. Are we counting box sets as 1 item too? I mean like 24 and Friends?

Because if we're not counting them as 1 item, I've probably got closer to 400...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

50-200 is a bit of a wide berth isnt it? :D I have 143 DVDs (including boxsets, double discs etc), which in this case is an average collection. But I've been at it for a few years (since 2001) as well.

:)
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Yeah like Grim, I've got around 100something (not sure of exact figure).

But I'm fed up of having titles that I won't see again. So I'm trying to clear some space I think.
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

My DVD Profiler curently lists 657 DVDs, so I probably have about 700 DVDs. I always tell myself to sell lots of them, especially silly stuff, like the Bruceploitation films. But then again, I think I have to keep them for reference, possible reviewing on my sites or simply as a collector.

The only DVDs I ever sell is when I upgrade and the new DVD has a superior picture quality etc etc... but in the case of the Universe disc of "Millionaires Express", I'll keep it, because it has scenes not present in the HKL DVD.
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I voted 200-500 but have no idea where within that perimeter my collection tally actually lies. I'm pretty strict so probably closer to 200 than 500.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Cool most have over 200.

I have 386 some of which are bootlegs (not many) but in the way I copy them yes they do count :D . I've no idea what I have without them (there is no option in DVD Profiler :D).

I wouldn't ask Nils this quesion 90% of his collection are bootlegs :D
IronMonkey wrote:Are we counting box sets as 1 item too? I mean like 24 and Friends?
Yes
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Errr Under 2000 :roll: bugger.

But in my defence I have been collecting from almost the begining :) must be 7 years now? scary.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Errr Under 2000

Why am I not surprised ? :D

Romero, how many years would it take you to watch them all ?
Image
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Not long, I just need a few weekend off work.

I dont know how many I own yet, it will be over 1000 I guess, not sure till I list em all and count :)
but hey most I have watched many times. Mostly TV shows I aint watched yet :) but I do own a lot of TV shows yet to see.

I love these things and I cannot see me stopping buying, but I did slow down buying when I thought I passed 1000, this month esspecially has made me think a lot so slowed right down. Its just scary thinking about it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Errr Under 2000 :roll: bugger.
So that would be 1 then? :D
romerojpg wrote: But in my defence I have been collecting from almost the begining :) must be 7 years now? scary.
That's defence I'm sure most of us here have been collecting nearly that long :thumbleft:
romerojpg wrote: this month esspecially has made me think a lot so slowed right down.
From how many? To now?
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

23 a month down to ,,,,,? :D
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Well buying and recieving is the way I look at it.
I have only acctually ordered about 4 this month so far, but sadly I recieved a fe this month but hey a lot of them cost very little :)

Dead Like Me Season 2
Quick And The Dead, The
Dirty Ho
Homicide Life on the Streets Season 7
Road House
Coffee and Cigarettes
Dinosaur
Freaked
Resident Evil Apocalypse Uncut German Premium Edition
Dead Like Me Season 1
Appleseed 2 DVD Limited Tin


I recieved 33 last month :? so its a big bloody cut back I think.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The Quick and the Dead and Road House -- I have those!! :mrgreen:

I've been collecting for SIX years if anyone cares.... 8)
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Quick and the EDead cost 2.97 in the current MusicZone sale :) bargain! and RoadHouse was about 2 pound from dvdsoon :D cannot go wrong with them prices.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

RoadHouse was about 2 pound from dvdsoon cannot go wrong with them prices.
If they ever send it..... :(
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I waited 3 months for Road House :lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

...and judging by recent standards you'll wait another three

At least!!
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

3 months, no way! try never! grrrr
brassmonkey001
Little White Dragon
Posts: 94
Joined: 15 Jan 2005, 23:27
Location: On a steam powered oversized calculator.

Post by brassmonkey001 »

Did you do a manual count, or work it out by volume? :D