Nowe all we need are uncut versions of the rest!!
Licence to Kilt!!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Licence to Kilt!!
Forgot to mention this... but MGM should be releasing the full uncut version as part of their upcoming Ultimate Editions Collection. Finally!!
Nowe all we need are uncut versions of the rest!!
Nowe all we need are uncut versions of the rest!!
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
I'll keep LTK for now then and maybe bin it when the UE comes out. 8)
As for GE and TND, isn't there very little chance these would be uncut due to the MPAA (not the BBFC).
I think quite a lot was cut from TND, though as you said the US print of GE restores most of the original cuts. I'm happy with my Euro GE disc (no BBFC cuts) at the mo.
As for GE and TND, isn't there very little chance these would be uncut due to the MPAA (not the BBFC).
I think quite a lot was cut from TND, though as you said the US print of GE restores most of the original cuts. I'm happy with my Euro GE disc (no BBFC cuts) at the mo.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Yeah, no hurry to get rid of the current edition. I have the uncut print taped off TV for now.grim_tales wrote:I'll keep LTK for now then and maybe bin it when the UE comes out. 8)
Well, if MGM released the uncut LTK in the US they would have to re-submit it to the MPAA for a rating. I'm sure it would still be an 'R' (at least it SHOULD be) so I suspect they would put it out UNRATED instead. The UK doesn't have that option, but no matter a '15' is fine. The same goes for GE and TND. There's nothing really stopping MGM from putting them out uncut. All the need to do is find the uncut prints, which I expect are lying in a vault in England somewhere.As for GE and TND, isn't there very little chance these would be uncut due to the MPAA (not the BBFC).
I don't think THAT much was trimmed to be honest. The first set of cuts was made by the distributor to appease both the MPAA and the BBFC. Then an additional line-up of cuts were required by the BBFC to remove several headbutts. The IMDB has a list.I think quite a lot was cut from TND, though as you said the US print of GE restores most of the original cuts. I'm happy with my Euro GE disc (no BBFC cuts) at the mo.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
It does say "All Previous Cuts Waived" for Licence to Kilt (runs 127m 44s) - but that only takes into account BBFC cuts (I think?) - it was originally pre-cut by the MPAA, not the BBFC.
How muh did the MPAA trim the film - 10 seconds-ish?
Looks good news though, the print on my Jap DVD is not the best and looks old.
I would hope the UE is out in the Autumn, otherwise the BBFC wouldnt of classified it just yet.
Looks good news though, the print on my Jap DVD is not the best and looks old.
I would hope the UE is out in the Autumn, otherwise the BBFC wouldnt of classified it just yet.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
I know what you mean... but the "SOME cuts waived" referred to the MPAA-approved version. "ALL previous cuts waived" refers now to all BBFC cuts - which INCLUDED the material removed by the MPAA. The MPAA cut only 10s for a PG-13 (which is actually very lenient IMO). The BBFC originally cut 38s for a '15'. Whether this uncensored print will come out in the US is still unconfirmed.grim_tales wrote:It does say "All Previous Cuts Waived" for Licence to Kilt (runs 127m 44s) - but that only takes into account BBFC cuts (I think?) - it was originally pre-cut by the MPAA, not the BBFC.How muh did the MPAA trim the film - 10 seconds-ish?
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
I barely remember any of the Bond films I've seen.
All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
Christopher Lee hunting some bloke at the start of Man With A Golden Gun.
My memories of Goldeneye are pretty vivid though, probably because I played the N64 game through many many times.
All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
Christopher Lee hunting some bloke at the start of Man With A Golden Gun.
My memories of Goldeneye are pretty vivid though, probably because I played the N64 game through many many times.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
I was refering to Licence to Kill.Markgway wrote:That's most impressive considering Sir Roge wasn't even in the film.EvaUnit02 wrote:All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
I remember some chick crushing a guy's skull with her thighs. Was that the evil chick from Goldeneye?romerojpg wrote:You have to at least remember some of the ladies! Were you blind
I saw the 2nd half of Die Another Day on TV last week, it was truly fucking awful.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
That was on TV on Friday. Not one of the better films. Unlike many I rather like Roger, but the 70's films were a bit off, excluding Spy Who Loved Me.grim_tales wrote:Perhaps Eva is thinking of Live and Let Die?
For some peculiar reason ITV moved Diamonds Are Forever to Sat afternoon - and then cut it!! Barstools. The first title in this season to be cut at all. And not even BBFC cuts!!