Licence to Kilt!!

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Licence to Kilt!!

Post by Markgway »

Forgot to mention this... but MGM should be releasing the full uncut version as part of their upcoming Ultimate Editions Collection. Finally!! :D

Nowe all we need are uncut versions of the rest!! :wink:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Where did you hear this Mark? :D Are the UE's out next year?
I can finally ditch my Jap DVD. Phew!! :wink:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The BBFC. So it's official. 8)

I heard that the UEs were due out in the Autumn... but someone suggested they won't come out until the next cinema film is due. Which could be frickin ages! So honestly I don't know at this point. At least it's coming.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'll keep LTK for now then and maybe bin it when the UE comes out. 8)

As for GE and TND, isn't there very little chance these would be uncut due to the MPAA (not the BBFC).
I think quite a lot was cut from TND, though as you said the US print of GE restores most of the original cuts. I'm happy with my Euro GE disc (no BBFC cuts) at the mo.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:I'll keep LTK for now then and maybe bin it when the UE comes out. 8)
Yeah, no hurry to get rid of the current edition. I have the uncut print taped off TV for now. :D
As for GE and TND, isn't there very little chance these would be uncut due to the MPAA (not the BBFC).
Well, if MGM released the uncut LTK in the US they would have to re-submit it to the MPAA for a rating. I'm sure it would still be an 'R' (at least it SHOULD be) so I suspect they would put it out UNRATED instead. The UK doesn't have that option, but no matter a '15' is fine. The same goes for GE and TND. There's nothing really stopping MGM from putting them out uncut. All the need to do is find the uncut prints, which I expect are lying in a vault in England somewhere.
I think quite a lot was cut from TND, though as you said the US print of GE restores most of the original cuts. I'm happy with my Euro GE disc (no BBFC cuts) at the mo.
I don't think THAT much was trimmed to be honest. The first set of cuts was made by the distributor to appease both the MPAA and the BBFC. Then an additional line-up of cuts were required by the BBFC to remove several headbutts. The IMDB has a list.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It does say "All Previous Cuts Waived" for Licence to Kilt (runs 127m 44s) - but that only takes into account BBFC cuts (I think?) - it was originally pre-cut by the MPAA, not the BBFC.

:? How muh did the MPAA trim the film - 10 seconds-ish?
Looks good news though, the print on my Jap DVD is not the best and looks old.

I would hope the UE is out in the Autumn, otherwise the BBFC wouldnt of classified it just yet.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:It does say "All Previous Cuts Waived" for Licence to Kilt (runs 127m 44s) - but that only takes into account BBFC cuts (I think?) - it was originally pre-cut by the MPAA, not the BBFC. :? How muh did the MPAA trim the film - 10 seconds-ish?
I know what you mean... but the "SOME cuts waived" referred to the MPAA-approved version. "ALL previous cuts waived" refers now to all BBFC cuts - which INCLUDED the material removed by the MPAA. The MPAA cut only 10s for a PG-13 (which is actually very lenient IMO). The BBFC originally cut 38s for a '15'. Whether this uncensored print will come out in the US is still unconfirmed.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Never heard of the film :?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

He means Licence to Kill. ;) Surely it should have been clear as we're discussing Bonds like Goldeneye in the same thread :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

romerojpg wrote:Never heard of the film :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

That made me :lol: too, if Romero is seriously saying he's never heard of LTK. :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh looks it's "The Grim and Mark show" :D (with special guest Mr. Romero JPG :rr: )
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I'l Take an Iron Bru, Skaken not Stirred. 8)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I love Irn Bru. 8)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I barely remember any of the Bond films I've seen.

All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
Christopher Lee hunting some bloke at the start of Man With A Golden Gun.

My memories of Goldeneye are pretty vivid though, probably because I played the N64 game through many many times. :P
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
That's most impressive considering Sir Roge wasn't even in the film. :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

You have to at least remember some of the ladies! Were you blind :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

romerojpg wrote:You have to at least remember some of the ladies! Were you blind :D
Maybe that's WHY he went blind?? :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

TBH I'm like Eva bar the recent Brosnan Bond films they all blend together and while are enjoyable TV fodder I wouldn't want to buy them.

Maybe that's just me.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:
EvaUnit02 wrote:All I can remember from this one is Roger Moore shooting some thug on a boat.
That's most impressive considering Sir Roge wasn't even in the film. :D
I was refering to Licence to Kill.
romerojpg wrote:You have to at least remember some of the ladies! Were you blind :D
I remember some chick crushing a guy's skull with her thighs. Was that the evil chick from Goldeneye?

I saw the 2nd half of Die Another Day on TV last week, it was truly fucking awful.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:I was refering to Licence to Kill.
So was I. Roger wasn't in it. At all. :wink:
I remember some chick crushing a guy's skull with her thighs. Was that the evil chick from Goldeneye?
Yeah, Famke Janssen.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Perhaps Eva is thinking of Live and Let Die? :?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Perhaps Eva is thinking of Live and Let Die? :?
That was on TV on Friday. Not one of the better films. Unlike many I rather like Roger, but the 70's films were a bit off, excluding Spy Who Loved Me.

For some peculiar reason ITV moved Diamonds Are Forever to Sat afternoon - and then cut it!! Barstools. The first title in this season to be cut at all. And not even BBFC cuts!! :roll:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

What was cut?
LALD is a great movie IMO :D
Locked