Gone In 60 Seconds - The Director's Cut

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Gone In 60 Seconds - The Director's Cut

Post by gasteropod »

I can't really find any detailed information on what is added/taken away in this new Director's Cut edition DVD. If anyone here knows, I'd be grateful, thanks.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

The problem is I'm not sure anyone cares.

I mention this as purely to explain why you're having trouble finding out what's changed. Sorry I can't be more help.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

>>If you have seen the 2000 version, you would notice minor changes in the beginning of the film and a few scenes inserted to flesh out character interest in Memphis and Kip. Beyond these there aren’t any major developments to either the story or the action packed scenes as advertised in the Director’s cut.<<

This comes from DVDFanatic, not from me.

Funny, I remember watching the trailer a long time ago and thinking this movie was some kind of prank or an April fools joke.
5 years later it still looks like a bad joke. Does this "movie" actually exist ? :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

There are two of them actually ;)

Apparently the 1974 version (IMDB 6.1) was such a hit that it warranted a remake (IMDB 5.7) 26 years later.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I like the film, and would upgreade, if it was loads of footage like Angies breasts and stuff, but noone yet seems to list anything and do a comparison :(
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I also like this film - it is very enjoyable, and my mates like it too so I don't know why it's so unpopular on the internet. I'm not one to buy dumb films - I have a great collection of intellectual-type films, but I do like this film.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I like it also but tbh find most Bruckheimer films poor.

Except BHD, BHC, BHC2 his work is averagely decent at best. I love The Rock and Bad Boys but only the 3 titles I mention before I'd class as very good. BHD for very different reasons to BHC and BHC2.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Almost all Bruckheimer are perfect examples of how to make films in each genre, he excels in most departments like action esspecially.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Brad what is BHC?
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Beverly Hill's cop ? Nah, that can't be it :D

Or can it ?
Is Beverly Hills cop a Bruckheimer film ?
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yes, Beverly Hills Cop, but what is BHD?
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Black Hawk Down maybe ?

I don't know. :?:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah I think its Black Hawk Down.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Brad Bruckheimer had nothing to do with Beverley Hills Cop :?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yes he did, he was producer - look on IMDb lol
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

No? Why did he produce them then?
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Oh yes he was a producer - sorry :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL you guys crack me up. Bruckheimer was "producer" on ALL the films I mentioned.

He's never directed a film in his life but all films (bar BHD) are very similar in tone and style (yes including "Coyote Ugly"). He clearly has a lot of influence over the likes of Michael Bay and even the young Tony Scott (BHC2).
Tom2681 wrote:Beverly Hill's cop ? Nah, that can't be it :D

Or can it ?
Is Beverly Hills cop a Bruckheimer film ?
Yes and Yes
Tom2681 wrote:Black Hawk Down maybe ?

I don't know. :?:
Yes again :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

i got the region 1 director's cut for about a fiver from dvdsoon.unfortunately after watching it i can't remember what's different to the original cut as i hadn't watched it for ages.certainly it can't be anything memorable.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Apparently not, no. I read that one scene has been replaced by an inferior scene on the DC, so it doesn't sound good...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Which scene would that be?
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

I would say that The Rock is probably the best 1990's action thriller - great acting, great action, great direction, great pace, great effects, great music, loads of fun!

I bought the Criterion Collection version and I love it every time I watch the film.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

A scene involving a conversation between Nicolas Cage and his brother in the film I think. Apparently the alternate conversation doesn't have the same effect as on the theatrical version.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

gasteropod wrote:A scene involving a conversation between Nicolas Cage and his brother in the film I think.
His brother was played by Giovanni Ribisi right? He's one excellent and underrated actor (see Eg the underrated Boiler Room and Raimi's The Gift).

Gone in 60 Seconds was a fun forgottable watch-once flick IMO, nothing more.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah, he's a weird guy... doesn't he play Phoebe's pyromaniac brother in Friends lol