Another Evil Dead 2 DVD - Book of the Dead 2

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Another Evil Dead 2 DVD - Book of the Dead 2

Post by grim_tales »

Read this over at Imports forum:
Not that the other twenty editions weren't enough, Davis DVD reports, "It's back to the "Evil Dead" well for another helping of ghoulish mayhem with Anchor Bay's Evil Dead 2: Book of the Dead 2. Director Sam Raimi's sequel gets a wicked re-release this time around with its very own collectible Necronomicon "Book of the Dead" packaging designed, once again, by special effects guru Tom Sullivan. As an added bonus over the last Necronomicon release, you'll be able to press the bulging eye to hear the book scream! Look for the disc itself to feature the first ever high-definition Divimax transfer of this classic film, along with new and exciting bonus materials. No street date yet, so stay tuned
I may get this for the new extras, or even upgrade the Momentum release if it has the same extras plus more :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Thanks for the news. I'm satisfied with my R2 Momentum disc. I'll wait for the extras to announced before I decide whether or not to double-dip.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah me too :)

I`m on holiday in Corfu BTW, using an Internet Cafe.
User avatar
Ricochan38
Flirting Scholar
Posts: 461
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 09:43
Location: L'dam - The Netherlands

Post by Ricochan38 »

grim_tales wrote:Yeah me too :)

I`m on holiday in Corfu BTW, using an Internet Cafe.

Dont party too much :D
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Fangoria was scooped the extras list:-

Evil Dead II: Behind the Screams featurette
The Gore the Merrier featurette
Poster/Stills gallery
Talent Bios
Commentary from Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Scott Spiegel and Greg Nicotero

"Evil Dead II: Behind the Screams" looks to be the only new extra. I'll wait for the reviews to see if this new featurette is worth the double-dip, most likely I'll just stick with my Momentum release though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

AWOOGA! Old thread! ;)

Yeah I'll probably keep my old disc too.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

A review of the R1 ED2: BOTD edition. Yeah, I'll be sticking with my existing R2 Momentum DVD.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Seems a superb upgrade to me :) for 14 pound its a bargain for more of everything and better quality.
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 227
Joined: 13 Mar 2005, 14:22

Post by jimmyscab »

http://www.dvdforum.nu/forum/index.asp? ... orum=3#new

Doesnt looks better quality to me. Looks like its lost the sharpness and they boosted the contrast.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Guess its in the eye of the beholder, I think it looks a little beter :) and more extras and beter packaging too.