Page 1 of 1

This must be the Place (2012) - Sean Penn

Posted: 07 Sep 2012, 02:06
by Yi-Long
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wein ... etheplace/

Woah.... this looks pretty cool. :) I love how Penn goes for parts like these :)

And he looks like Madonna if she had kept her original haircolor :P

Re: This must be the Place (2012) - Sean Penn

Posted: 07 Sep 2012, 05:06
by HungFist
I regret I missed this in Finland, and now that it's playing here in Japan... well, I may miss it again (schedule issues and other stuff) Image

I have the Japanese chirashi lying somewhere...

Image

Re: This must be the Place (2012) - Sean Penn

Posted: 16 Sep 2012, 17:21
by HungFist
So I went to see it after all - and I'm glad I did. Quite an original atmosphere, even if the akwardness factor is occasionally streched a notch too far. Penn is good, though his character alone isn't necessarily such as standout. Rather it's the large amount of interesting characters, nice camerawork, tons of great music, and some downright brilliant sequences, that make it such a pleasing ride. Could use a bit of trimming at 2 hours, but it's not a major problem.

Re: This must be the Place (2012) - Sean Penn

Posted: 16 Sep 2012, 23:50
by Markgway
I assumed it was a biopic of The Cure's Robert Smith.