Page 1 of 2
Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 07:05
by bradavon
As title, I've got a 3 DVDs to shift (the only ones I've bought and are likely to) but understand it's illegal for even private sales to take place. The other complication being they're obviously not R18. They are legit/not bootleg though.
I'll probably throw them away unless I can sell them. Pity as they're probably worth a few quid. eBay, Preloved.co.uk, Gumtree all won't touch adult DVDs. It looks like Play and Amazon let you sell adult DVDs but they only sell 18 rated titles, which have more in common with benny hill than porn.
Thanks
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 09:55
by luckystars
Just sell them to a work mate or something.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 14:10
by bradavon
That's not a crazy idea but I'd probably lose my job (or be in serious trouble) if I was found out. They ain't Playboy.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 17:25
by Yi-Long
Do you happen to have the uncut version of Rim Riders 4 with the original soundtrack and extended scenes!?!? I've been looking for that one....
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 17:46
by luckystars
bradavon wrote:That's not a crazy idea but I'd probably lose my job (or be in serious trouble) if I was found out. They ain't Playboy.
Really? You're not doing it as a business venture..
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 19:12
by bradavon
I'd be bringing porn into work, employers don't tend to like that. My company happens to do work with the police too.
Yi-Long wrote:Do you happen to have the uncut version of Rim Riders 4 with the original soundtrack and extended scenes!?!? I've been looking for that one....
Yes but it's pinkified, in the incorrect aspect ratio and only has a 7.1 remix. Still interested?
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 20:07
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:I'd be bringing porn into work, employers don't tend to like that. My company happens to do work with the police too.
Yi-Long wrote:Do you happen to have the uncut version of Rim Riders 4 with the original soundtrack and extended scenes!?!? I've been looking for that one....
Yes but it's pinkified, in the incorrect aspect ratio and only has a 7.1 remix. Still interested?
Nope, not interested then. Incompetent porn-bastards always trying to screw you over...
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 27 Oct 2011, 21:45
by luckystars
I have the 3D version but it's a but hard to watch..
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 02:38
by Markgway
There was a time you could trade almost anything (legal) on forums but now it's really tough...
Have you tried Music Magpie (assuming your DVDs have a barcode)?
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 11:07
by bradavon
I know it sucks. As long as you put a disclaimer first, it shouldn't matter. They're legal discs, that's what pisses me off most. Surely there must be somewhere in The UK you can sell non-BBFC certified adult discs?
You cannot legally sell general films without BBFC certificates over here either but it doesn't prevent you from selling/trading them on. I don't get why eBay won't touch them. Make it a separate section, where you need to say you're 18+ to enter it.
I did thanks but 99% of what it finds has to be British, two have barcodes and it doesn't recognise either.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 18:02
by luckystars
Double post.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 18:02
by luckystars
How bout at a carboot?
I sold a lot of stuff recently...just cover the rude bits up with paper

Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 20:09
by Markgway
Make sure you ask for ID before you sell.
Don't want to get done for selling (uncertified) porn to a minor.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 28 Oct 2011, 22:23
by luckystars
Markgway wrote:Make sure you ask for ID before you sell.
Don't want to get done for selling (uncertified) porn to a minor.
Good point, don't take them somewhere discrete for a demo either

Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 29 Oct 2011, 15:02
by romerojpg
Or just dont buy porn, who the hell buys them

Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 11:44
by bradavon
Feeling left out? I'm sure there's a flavour of porn to suit even your needs.
I did think of a car boot sale but I don't have anything else to sell, to make it worth my while.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 16:42
by saltysam
if i want to watch porn i'll download it.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 18:41
by bradavon
saltysam wrote:if i want to watch porn i'll download it.
bradavon wrote:(the only ones I've bought and are likely to)
It was cheap as chips at the now defunct CD WOW. Porn usually costs a fortune.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 19:28
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:
It was cheap as chips at the now defunct CD WOW. Porn usually costs a fortune.
i'm no expert on porn movie prices etc but i'd have thought downloading must've done the industry huge damage sales wise.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 31 Oct 2011, 22:47
by bradavon
And?

Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 11:51
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:And?

and i can't believe anyone in this day and age would actually buy a porn movie,cheap as chips or not.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 13:59
by bradavon
It was cheap as chips at the now defunct CD WOW. Porn usually costs a fortune.
How is this, relevant to that? -
i'm no expert on porn movie prices etc but i'd have thought downloading must've done the industry huge damage sales wise.
What you quote, doesn't mentioning downloading.
and i can't believe anyone in this day and age would actually buy a porn movie,cheap as chips or not.
Of course you'd say that, you've bleated on again and again how perfect you are. Drink bad, drugs bad, porn bad. Besides you're a fine one to talk, buying all manner of drivel on DVD/Blu-ray but that would be me chastising you.
Back on topic please, so far we've had "give it to a friend" and "sell it at a car boot". I'm still surprised, nowhere online will touch it.
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 15:24
by Keung
Bin them, perhaps? Or, screw the law and sell them privately? Who's going to find out?
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 20:06
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:
and i can't believe anyone in this day and age would actually buy a porn movie,cheap as chips or not.
Of course you'd say that, you've bleated on again and again how perfect you are. Drink bad, drugs bad, porn bad. Besides you're a fine one to talk, buying all manner of drivel on DVD/Blu-ray but that would be me chastising you..
you are the tight twat who searches the internet to save 20p.however,in the interest of fairness you aren't alone on these boards, Scrooge would have a field day..there are plenty of tightwads here that's for sure. My point is you've paid for a GENUINE off the shelf PORN movie,a concept unheard of since the 80's.unless it was gay porn of course,which is a bit more obscure.the end of the day you thick as always fuck,you are Bradavon and you BOUGHT A GENUINE PORN MOVIE in the millenium.enough said,dense twat.
[/quote]
Re: Where can you sell American adult DVDs in The UK?
Posted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:49
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:there are plenty of tightwads here that's for sure
