http://www.computerandvideogames.com/30 ... -xbox-360/
Oh wow, talk about an unashamed rip off. Uncharted itself was derivative of Tomb Raider (platforming + puzzle solving), Gears of War (combat) and Romancing the Stone (formula, flavour, setting, character archetypes, etc) - but at least its execution by combining those elements was well done and formed a unique product back in 2007.
Saudi developed game rips off Uncharted
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: Saudi developed game rips off Uncharted
Yeah, saw it a couple of days ago. It looks like shit, but still, I can't really hate on a new(?) developer trying this approach to learn the ropes and making it's first steps into the world of videogames, on probably a budget that's considerably smaller than those of the studios who brought us today's games.
It's probably a studio using local talent who are new to this. Like small-time indie movie production-groups/studios/houses who are trying to make some money shooting a low-budget movie with a big-budget plot, thus the result looking cheap and amateuristic.
Personally, I'd always choose to stay within your means, so instead of wasting the budget to reach for the stars and falling wayyyy short, I'd go for doing something small and cheap, but doing it perfectly, so it stands out.
It's probably a studio using local talent who are new to this. Like small-time indie movie production-groups/studios/houses who are trying to make some money shooting a low-budget movie with a big-budget plot, thus the result looking cheap and amateuristic.
Personally, I'd always choose to stay within your means, so instead of wasting the budget to reach for the stars and falling wayyyy short, I'd go for doing something small and cheap, but doing it perfectly, so it stands out.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...