Page 1 of 1
Samsung BD-p1620 Blu-ray Player
Posted: 01 May 2011, 10:54
by Xenon
So I finally am thinking of grabbing myself a Samsung Blu-Ray player to go along with my new HDTV, and in the ads I came across a brand new (and very cheap - 55£) Samsung BD-p1620 player. And upon checking reviews on the internet I see that peoples opinions on it heavily differ. Many say that it has lipsync problems with DVDs and some BDs. Did any of you ever have such problems with your BD players or maybe some of you even had one of these? Any advice, info or wisecracks are appreciated.
Re: Samsung BD-p1620 Blu-ray Player
Posted: 01 May 2011, 11:14
by IronMonkey
If there are reports of audio syncing problems I would stay well clear of it... Maybe the price is so low because they are having trouble shifting it? You can pick up a decent Panasonic for around £80 - £100 these days, and I'd be willing to bet they're much better players.
Re: Samsung BD-p1620 Blu-ray Player
Posted: 01 May 2011, 11:38
by Xenon
IronMonkey wrote:You can pick up a decent Panasonic for around £80 - £100 these days, and I'd be willing to bet they're much better players.
I'll be picking Samsung brand to go with my TV (and so far Samsung products have never fucked me over). There's also such a thing called BD Wise which works between Samsung TVs and players, it's supposed to make video look even better or something. Probably doesn' do shit but it would be fun to test it out anyway. Guess I'll just have pick up newer model.