Page 1 of 2

Total Recall Remake

Posted: 27 Feb 2011, 21:57
by saltysam
Coming next year,directed by Len Wiseman and starring Colin Farrell.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id ... ll2012.htm

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 27 Feb 2011, 22:18
by bradavon
Oh Dear.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 01:35
by Markgway
AKA: Movies I could live without ever seeing #211

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 11:03
by saltysam
Wiseman's Underworld films were decent actioners.And Die Hard 4 was ok'ish. I'll diss it when i've seen it.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 11:16
by Yi-Long
The thing that made Total Recall special and interesting, was the premise, the idea.

Not the briliant acting skills of Ahnuld or the mediocre direction by Verhoeven.

I'd like to see a serious movie about the whole thing, instead of the popcorn cheesy blockbuster that was Total Recall.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 15:27
by gasteropod
The best thing about Total Recall is Ahnoldt! Give dees peepul ayer!

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 15:45
by Yi-Long
gasteropod wrote:The best thing about Total Recall is Ahnoldt! Give dees peepul ayer!
I thought the alien's 3rd boob was more convincing than Ahnuld...

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 15:54
by grim_tales
gasteropod wrote:The best thing about Total Recall is Ahnoldt! Give dees peepul ayer!
Johnnycab: Please state the street and number.
Arnie: Duurrrive! Druuuurrrive!
Johnnycab: I'm not familiar with that address. Would you please repeat the destination?
Arnie: Anywhere just go! Go!
Johnnycab: I'm not familiar with that address. Would you please repeat the destination?
Arnie: Sheeeeeeeet! Sheeeeeeeeet!
Johnnycab: Would you please repeat the destination?
Arnie: [Quaid rips the Johnnycab out and starts to drive himself] Aaahhh!
:lol: :D

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 16:11
by gasteropod
Consider dat a divorce!

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 17:12
by thelostdragon
You should clone yourself!

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 17:15
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:Oh Dear.
Yup its not Spanish, so its going to suck :lol:

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:07
by Markgway
gasteropod wrote:The best thing about Total Recall is Ahnoldt! Give dees peepul ayer!
Amen to that.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:33
by bradavon
saltysam wrote:Wiseman's Underworld films were decent actioners.And Die Hard 4 was ok'ish. I'll diss it when i've seen it.
Underworld 1 is good, 2 is okay I guess, I've not seen 3 and Die Hard 4 was again okay I guess. Only Underworld is a keeper in my book.

I don't consider Total Recall the classic many do though. It is very much an 80s movie though and that gave it it's charm. Give it a similar feel (e.g - Predators) and it may just work.
romerojpg wrote:Yup its not Spanish, so its going to suck :lol:
Huh?

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 28 Feb 2011, 21:37
by saltysam
bradavon wrote: Underworld 1 is good, 2 is okay I guess, I've not seen 3



Wiseman didn't make number 3,so it's a moot point really.but for the record,number 3 was ok :)

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 01 Mar 2011, 23:43
by bradavon
I didn't know that. I assumed he did.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 20 Sep 2011, 17:47
by HungFist

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 20 Sep 2011, 22:48
by Markgway
Hollywood it appears is remaking EVERY film older than 15 years.

Point Break, FFS!?!

What's next? A remake of Hudson Hawk?

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 11:36
by grim_tales
Just an excuse to plaster Extended Unrated Version on the DVD/BD.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 11:47
by bradavon
Good point Grim.

I'd mind less if they were R rated but most aren't :(. Rambo and Predators (I know not remakes) were so much better being R rated.

Len Wiseman is directing. He's already fucked up on franchise (Die Hard). Does he need to do it again?

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 19:01
by romerojpg
Die Hard was fucked after the awful part 3 :rock: so dont talk shite.

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 21:02
by HungFist
To be honest I don't really care if it's gonna be pg-13. Wiseman is a hack, the film is probably gonna suck no matter what it's rated. I can't really imagine any Total Recall fan looking forward to a remake anyway, so it's probably better sell it to clueless 13 year olds who don't know anything about good action films.

That being said, I'd love to see the comeback of Total Recall style brutal old school action (without modern flashiness and over-use of CGI). Total Recall 2 would be a much more interesting idea... But it would fail almost certainly because no one's making that kind of films anymore. It would probably end up something like the new Conan trailer (trailer, cause I haven't seen the film and won't be seeing it since it looks so appalling).

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 21 Sep 2011, 21:50
by grim_tales
Would be interesting if they actually did that and made a Total Recall 2 - wasnt that what Minority Report kinda started out as?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181689/releaseinfo#akas

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 22 Sep 2011, 15:57
by Markgway
Hey, I really liked Die Hards 3 and 4, so fuck y'all! :rock:

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 22 Sep 2011, 17:05
by Keung
Die Hard 3 was awesome!

Re: Total Recall Remake

Posted: 08 Apr 2012, 11:39
by grim_tales
Just seen the trailer :(
The original is one of my favourites and this looks exactly the same TBH (but with excessive CGI, Minoroty Reports' hover cars, and watered down in a PG-13 sort of way) :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg