Page 1 of 2
Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 14 Dec 2010, 19:00
by saltysam
Have we done one of these before
Best Mainstream film Seen Toy Story 3 (a lean year imo)
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen A 3 way tie between Expendables/Predators/Iron Man 2
Worst Mainstream Film Seen Cop Out-how can a team up of Smith & Willis produce such a dire effort!!
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seenThe Crazies remake,very well done
Best Foreign language release Haven't seen many but i'll go for Ip Man 2
Most Disappointing Foreign Language release District 13:Ultimatum-a by the numbers effort that was a huge let down.Chen Zhen after all the hype runs it close though.
Bomb of the year Jonah Hex-adore this character in the comics,they fucked up the film though.
Best DVD/BD release of the year i'll go for Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure edition,a great package and the film in it's correct aspect ratio at last
Best Foreign Language DVD/BD release of the year The Criterion release of Seven Samurai,truly one of the great movies of cinema.
Best DVD/BD box set release Have to fo for the Alien Anthology,the first two films look stunning,the third & fourth not so good but the wealth of viewing options (TC,DC's etc)and the lavish attention thrown at this release is just great.
Most disappointing dvd/bd release Definitely the Lord Of The Rings trilogy.This is one series where the extended editions win out over the theatricals,the fact this was going cheap mere weeks after release tells me buyers voted with their wallets.
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD can't believe Jaws hasn't appeared on BD,nor the Indiana Jones movies.No anamorphic uncut Hard Target is another gaping gap.
Blockbuster you haven't seen yet Still havn't watched Inception
obviously not definitive,there is still a few movies to come out before the years end,it's just a bit of fun

Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 03:02
by saltysam
When threads die completely on their arse part #221.without wanting to sound pedantic,starting threads here seems a complete waste of time nowadays.you try and liven the forum up and get met with apathy.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 05:15
by Shingster
Must admit I completely missed this thread! I've been sick as a dog all week though so that's my excuse.
Best Mainstream film Seen Toy Story 3
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen Alice in Wonderland
Worst Mainstream Film Seen The Lovely Bones
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seen The A-Team
Best Foreign language release Ponyo was released in the UK this year, but I've raved about that enough and it IS a 2008 film so I'll go with
City of Life and Death, Lu Chuen's harrowing but superb depiction of the rape of Nanking
Most Disappointing Foreign Language release None I can think of, I tend to not get my hopes up about films these days.
Best DVD/BD release of the year Most of the big releases were on my Xmas list so I've not seen them, but maybe The Innocents BFI BD
Best Foreign Language DVD/BD release of the year Ponyo UK/Australian BD
Best DVD/BD box set release Alien Anthology, it has to be really.
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD Pedicab Driver!! FFS Warners, can you not even be arsed to offer it via the DVD-R archive collection???
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 07:34
by Yi-Long
saltysam wrote:When threads die completely on their arse part #221.without wanting to sound pedantic,starting threads here seems a complete waste of time nowadays.you try and liven the forum up and get met with apathy.
I've said it before and I said it again: we should merge a bunch of sections back together, so all the activity gets a bit more into 1 place. TV, Music, Debate and Tech could easily fit into Anything Goes, because of the low amount of posting that now goes on there.
Don't get me wrong. If this was a bigger forum with more activity, I'd also prefer to see it all split up... but with so few active users and so little activity in those sub-sections, it should just all get thrown into the anything goes, so that section can get 'busy' again.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 11:00
by Xenon
I don't think that I even saw ten movies from 2010... But let me try...
Best Mainstream film Seen The Expendables.
Worst Mainstream Film Seen Cop Out - absolute shit. Over 9000 uselsess pop culture references and Willis who looked like he could fall asleep at any moment from boredom.
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seen Predators were better than I expected.
Best Foreign language release - none.
Most Disappointing Foreign Language release - a tie between Ip Man 2 and Attack the Gas Station 2.
Bomb of the year - no idea.
Best DVD/BD release of the year - Alien Anthology BD.
Best Foreign Language DVD/BD release of the year - Battle Royale.
Best DVD/BD box set release - definitely Alien Anthology.
Most disappointing dvd/bd release - a tie between The Killer BD and Hard Boiled BD.
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD - Ishiro Honda sci-fi BDs. (Rodan, Varan, The Mysterians)
Blockbuster you haven't seen yet Inception, Machete
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 11:55
by grim_tales
Best Mainstream film Seen: Toy Story 3/Kick Ass - I'll go for Toy Story 3
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen: Alice in Wonderland
Worst Mainstream Film Seen: Clash of the Titans
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seen: The American
Best Foreign language release
Most Disappointing Foreign Language release
Best DVD/BD release of the year: Don't know, I havent seen Battle Royale on BD yet
Best Foreign Language DVD/BD release of the year
Best DVD/BD box set release
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD
Blockbuster you haven't seen yet Machete, Harry Potter 7 Part 1
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 12:16
by gasteropod
It's because I always struggle to think of films I've seen of a certain year, I usually just watch older ones, probs haven't seen enough 2010 ones to do a ranking.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 13:17
by grim_tales
I havent seen enough on the list either.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 14:05
by HungFist
Like gas said, the problem is that most interesting films don't come available to you during their release year...
but so far... 33 films from 2010.
Best Japanese film of the year: Alien vs. Ninja
Most disappointing Japanese film of the year: Gothic & Lolita Psycho
Best non-Japanese film of the year: Armadillo
The Most Unforgettable Film of the Year: A Serbian Film
Worst film of the year: Gallants
Unexpectedly good Hollywood film: Cop Out
Movie theater experience of the year: Alien vs. Ninja (the most fun I've ever seen a film audience having)
Special mentions: Kaboom (Greg Araki), Love & Loathing & Lulu & Ayano (Hisayasu Sato), Dream Home
Best DVD / BD: Vampire Girl vs Frankenstein Girl 3 Disc R2J
Most wanted DVD: Lost Chapter of Snow: Passion (Criterion fucking assholes, stop sitting on the rights and release it)
Most looking forward to seeing (2010 films):
- Hell Driver
- Cold Fish
- Caterpillar
- Live Tape
- Good Morning to the World
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 16:43
by Shingster
Yi-Long wrote:saltysam wrote:When threads die completely on their arse part #221.without wanting to sound pedantic,starting threads here seems a complete waste of time nowadays.you try and liven the forum up and get met with apathy.
I've said it before and I said it again: we should merge a bunch of sections back together, so all the activity gets a bit more into 1 place. TV, Music, Debate and Tech could easily fit into Anything Goes, because of the low amount of posting that now goes on there.
Don't get me wrong. If this was a bigger forum with more activity, I'd also prefer to see it all split up... but with so few active users and so little activity in those sub-sections, it should just all get thrown into the anything goes, so that section can get 'busy' again.
I agree, but I always thought everyone liked the pointless segmentation of everything on these boards due to all those bleeding "what have you seen" threads!

Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 19 Dec 2010, 17:36
by HungFist
Asia / non-asia watch split is good (both sections and watch threads), cause generally people here watch the most boring imaginable non-asian movies, so at least at least we can have those separated from asian stuff
But otherwise... yeah. I'm always confused about the HD section. An Asian HD release? Should I post in the asian movie discussion or hd discussion? And when the tread is created for theatrical release, and later the film comes out on BD, what then? Kill the HK section! You can place all those theads in:
- Asian Film/DVD Discussion (asian films)
- General Film/DVD Discussion (non-asian films)
- Technology & Video Games (hardware topics)
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 11:34
by Xenon
HungFist wrote:Unexpectedly good Hollywood film: Cop Out
You're kidding, right?
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 12:22
by HungFist
Xenon wrote:HungFist wrote:Unexpectedly good Hollywood film: Cop Out
You're kidding, right?
nope. Solid flight viewing. Kept me more entertained than Karate Kid remake and Iron Man 2 and something else...
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 15:06
by degeneration
I can't actually vote in this as I don't think I've seen that many 2010 films.
The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are, Harry Potter & the DH part 1, Inception and Kick Ass.
Just looked through the current Play top 100 dvds and the pre-order list and there weren't any other films from 2010 listed that I'd seen.
For all those 3 films, I liked each one a lot.
Don't think i've watch (m)any Asian films this year!!!
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 16:20
by Markgway
Sam... my hitherto lack of response isn't due to apathy but the fact that I went to the cinema only ONCE this whole year... and that was to see The Expendables.
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen The Expendables
Best DVD/BD release of the year Psycho
Most disappointing dvd/bd release Fist of Legend
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD Hard Target (NC-17 version)
Blockbuster you haven't seen yet Inception
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 16:53
by HungFist
Mark's list
Best film of the year: The Expendables
Worst Film of the year: The Expendables
Unexpectedly good, bad and average film of the year: The Expendables
Best foreign movie of the year: Thoses scenes in The Expendables shot abroad

Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 20:12
by luckystars
Ok let's see how many of these I can do...
Best Mainstream film Seen Toy Story 3 (only 5 Star 2010 movie I can think of...)
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen Robin hood
Worst Mainstream Film Seen Robin Hood
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seenHot Tub Time Machine?
Best Foreign language release Ong Bak 3
Most Disappointing Foreign Language release n/a
Bomb of the year Robin Hood?
Best DVD/BD release of the year Picnic At Hanging Rock is a great one I've seen. Looking forward to Se7en, Metropolis and more.
Best Foreign Language[/b[ DVD/BD Ponyo - Deluxe Edition
Best DVD/BD box set release Alien Anthology
Most disappointing dvd/bd release No domestic Blu-Ray of Limits Of Control is a bummer.
Blockbuster you haven't seen yet Loads. A-Team & Expendibles mainly.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 20 Dec 2010, 20:50
by grim_tales
I havent seen A Team either
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 21 Dec 2010, 00:11
by Markgway
HungFist wrote:Mark's list
Best film of the year: The Expendables
Worst Film of the year: The Expendables
Unexpectedly good, bad and average film of the year: The Expendables
Best foreign movie of the year: Thoses scenes in The Expendables shot abroad


Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 30 Dec 2010, 23:21
by gasteropod
Best Mainstream film Seen Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Most Disappointing Mainstream film seen Paranormal Activity 2
Worst Mainstream Film Seen The Expendables
Unexpectedly Good Mainstream film you've seen The Tourist
Best Foreign Language DVD/BD release of the year Profound Desires of the Gods
Best DVD/BD box set release Alien Anthology
Most disappointing dvd/bd release Lost: The Complete Collection because they've just stuck 6 individual (and different size) cases inside a box, lazy bastards
Most wanted Films still m.i.a. on DVD/BD Joyu-rei (Ghost Actress/Don't Look Up), Kyofu, and Okaruto (Occult)
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 31 Dec 2010, 11:02
by luckystars
Hey I forgot:
Most Disappointing "Mainstream" film seen Kick Ass.
Disappointed as it was completely over hyped by media press, blogs n other people saying it was great.
It started great (first 5 - 10mins) then sank like a turd

Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 31 Dec 2010, 15:07
by saltysam
luckystars wrote:Hey I forgot:
Most Disappointing "Mainstream" film seen Kick Ass.
Disappointed as it was completely over hyped by media press, blogs n other people saying it was great.
It started great (first 5 - 10mins) then sank like a turd

You love Ong Bak 3 and think Kick Ass is crap?fucking hell.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 01 Jan 2011, 21:09
by luckystars
Kick Ass wasn't crap, just not a really good film in my book. I stuck with it to the end but my attention went in the last half.
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 13:49
by HungFist
Srpski film was missing from my list due to book keeping error (I had marked it as 2009 film). I don't know exactly which award this one deserves, lets call it:
The Most Unforgettable Film of the Year: A Serbian Film
This is pretty much the closest you can get to experiencing being hit by a truck without really being hit by a truck.
Another film missing was Gallants, which I only saw after Christmas. Shall call it:
The Worst Film of the Year: Gallants
Re: Bulletsnbabes movies roll of honour 2010
Posted: 08 Jan 2011, 18:02
by luckystars
Shame I got Gallants in my last dddhouse buying frenzy!!
Also accidentally ordered Big Little Soldier on Blu but it's region locked so I can't play it.
Anyone want the Uncut HK version on Blu?