I've just done a Google search and I can only find "one" article detailing a MAC user switching to Windows (who ended up switching back). Yet do a Google search and there are pages of Windows users switching to MAC.
I refuse to believe there are no MAC users who've switched to Windows, maybe Windows users who've switched back because they missed something Windows can do, MAC can't. I also refuse to believe MAC does everything better than Windows.
I've wanted to give MAC a try for years but to do so properly I'd need to own a MAC (which costs serious wedge, buying a computer always does) and also time (lots of it, learning a new system always does). I tend to believe both systems offer pros and cons but you never read about that. It would be nice if Windows has the simple uninstall process MAC has.
Both Snow Leopard and Windows 7 seem to be excellent operating systems.
Have you switched from MAC OS to Windows?
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Re: Have you switched from MAC OS to Windows?
No one?
Software/driver support is a problem for MAC OS. There is no HTC Sync for MAC OS for example. Which means no HTC Phone can Tether, Sync with MAC OS's iCal/Mail or any of the other things it brings to Windows. There may be a hell of a lot of software and for 90% things you're fine but that's not 100% compatibility. That Windows brings.
It seems many MAC users dual boot into Windows too. Is MAC OS that good? People are prepared to mess around with dual booting.
Software/driver support is a problem for MAC OS. There is no HTC Sync for MAC OS for example. Which means no HTC Phone can Tether, Sync with MAC OS's iCal/Mail or any of the other things it brings to Windows. There may be a hell of a lot of software and for 90% things you're fine but that's not 100% compatibility. That Windows brings.
It seems many MAC users dual boot into Windows too. Is MAC OS that good? People are prepared to mess around with dual booting.