Page 1 of 2

Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/10

Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 21:49
by luckystars

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 22:38
by IronMonkey
Looks ace. I'll definitely be getting this and the Back To The Future BD collection.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 15 Jul 2010, 23:55
by Markgway
And if you don't want to own all four films...?

Let's be honest the series is uneven.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 00:30
by IronMonkey
Aliens and Alien 3 are my favourites.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 01:59
by Markgway
Re. Alien(s): Unless there's a MASSIVE discount I'll wait for the single film editions.

The Back to the Future films do work as an unit.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 12:13
by bradavon
The USA release is said to be identical. Unlike the DVD box set which had some minor differences.

Alien is excellent, Aliens is good action fun (without the intelligence of Alien) and I've always liked Alien 3 (that's the theatrical cut too). I only find Alien Resurrection ropey. The baby Alien is a disaster.

I'm happy with my DVD box set though. This is going to cost a fortune.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 14:51
by grim_tales
I'm happy with my DVD set for now and may wait for a big discount. Will I save any shelf space with the BD?

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:13
by HungFist
grim_tales wrote:I'm happy with my DVD set for now and may wait for a big discount. Will I save any shelf space with the BD?
You can buy a new shelf with that money.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 15:28
by Markgway

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 16 Jul 2010, 17:07
by saltysam
£45?decent price.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 17 Jul 2010, 14:37
by luckystars
Fuck yes!!! Thanks Mark. Day One purchase for me - and that's a rare occurrence :)

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 07:39
by EvaUnit02
After the DNR'ed to hell "remastered" transfer on the recent Predator 'Ultimate Hunter Edition', I'm not going to get my hopes up for this release - especially for Aliens. Like Predator, Aliens has always been a very grainy film, due to the film stock that it was shot on (at least in the case of Aliens).

Anyway, I'd only be interested in buying individual releases of Alien and Aliens. I have the DVD Quadrilogy and whilst I'm rather fond of Alien 3 Extended, it's not enough to justify double-dipping on a still heavily flawed film. But I wouldn't hesitate picking up Alien 3 if it was dirt cheap though.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 13:02
by bradavon
I wonder if Fox have learnt there lessons though and loads complained about the old Predator release, whereas they haven't on Aliens. Fingers crossed and all that.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 18:03
by Markgway
So nobody desperately wants Alien Resurrection? :D

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 18:13
by bradavon
It's a good film, up until the baby alien, which is utterly stupid. Alien 1 to 3 are the ones I consider good films though.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 18:19
by romerojpg
Just remember its only £37 from Tescos with the 15% voucher and 8% quidco (vouchers on quidco), and then your clubcard points on top :thumbs: in other words a bargain for 4 brand new films and documentarys.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 23 Jul 2010, 23:01
by luckystars
Voucher doesn't seem to work :help:

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 24 Jul 2010, 15:21
by romerojpg
I have used it already, but you can only use it once mind you. I used it a long time ago now, maybe you used it in the past?

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 09:26
by luckystars
Nope. Maybe it's no good on preorders?

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:51
by romerojpg
Others are using it to order that set :) so not sure whats up, very odd.

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 15:56
by luckystars
Doh! Tried it again and see now it recalculates the item cost at the bottom of the page :cool:

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 16:18
by romerojpg
Ahh good :D

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 25 Jul 2010, 16:50
by saltysam
Tesco charge when item ships not on order right?

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 07:31
by EvaUnit02
Some good news, Fox appear to have not repeated the mistakes of the recent Predator CE BD with the remastering of Aliens for the upcoming BD.

http://bit.ly/b06ogh

Those screens of the BD remaster appear to retain the natural film grain as intended, lovely. Like Predator, Aliens has always been a very grainy film, due to the film stock that it was shot on (at least in the case of Aliens).

Re: Alien Anthology Blu-Ray confirmed for UK release 25/10/1

Posted: 08 Sep 2010, 12:47
by grim_tales
Doesn't Cameron say he "de-grained" the film and stuff?