Thundercats: Season 1 on DVD.. HO!!!!

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Thundercats: Season 1 on DVD.. HO!!!!

Post by grim_tales »

:D

Its' true, along with TMNT and such like, this 80's classic makes its way to DVD (R1) courtesy of WB - hurrah! :D So far the only evidence is a sneak peak on another DVD but it is coming.

Which one was your favorite? I liked Lion-O (sp?), wasn't Cheetara, er, rather indecent? :!: And Mumm-ra was actually quite scary for a cartoon villain (IMO) :oops: :twisted:

I'd love to see at least the pilot episode gain (cut by the BBFC IIRC).

HO!!! :D


I loved the episodes when Lion-O was pitted against the other cats' strengths. How many "mind control" episodes did they do? They used to scare me :!: :twisted:

http://dvdtoons.com/news/746 :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

From DVD Talk:

TVShowsonDVD.com has the release date for Season 1/Volume 1 of Thundercats as August 9th. The set contains 33 episodes from the first season, with the second 33 episodes of Season One to be found later in a Volume 2 release.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3286

Thats a hell of a lot of episodes in one season, if 33 is just Vol 1. Theyre not going to be cheap either... :?

I'll wait until the price comes down, I'm not convinced it will be as good as I remember it... :?

TV Shows on DVD also say:
You'll also find a cool extra on this set: "Feel the Magic, Hear the Roar: ThunderCats Fans Speak Out", an interview featurette in which Wil Wheaton (of Star Trek: The Next Generation) and other loyal fans give their memories and support to this animation classic. That supplement runs 7:04, and the running time of the episodes comes to 759 minutes.

Cost is $64.92 SRP. This is the first of two releases to complete the 65-episode season premiere, and you can expect Season 1, Volume 2 to be available later this Fall, to complete the first full season! Stay tuned for more information about that, and for full-size cover art for this release as well.

:)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

You can now pre-order Thundercats Volume 1 S1 at Soon.

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-detai ... er_id=1005

Don't know if I'll buy this, I'm not convinced it will rock.. :? Mind you I've bought the Turtles old school series on DVD so who knows? :D