Star Trek: First Contact - 2 disc SE R1

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Star Trek: First Contact - 2 disc SE R1

Post by grim_tales »

I remember enjoying this quite a lot when it was released, I thought it was very good, and I'm not even a Trekkie! ;) I do quite like science-fiction though. :)

I think the film was accessible to non-fans too. :) Anyway, there is a 2 disc set with DTS and many features on R1 here -

http://www.playusa.com/playusa.asp?pa=s ... tle=581884

Not saying I'd buy it though.. :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Personally I think all the NG Star Trek films are pants when compared to the original six. With only "Nemesis" being pretty good. The rest seem like TV movies (Generations certainly does).

Star Trek films used to be epic in scope, not any more. Star Trek: TMP may have it's faults but it is far more epic than Generations will ever be.

IMO TWOK and TUD are fantastic, some are good and some are average. I'd only buy TWOK and TUD (that's six right?)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

What does TWOK stand for?
TUD is The Undiscovered Country right?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Yes and:

The Wrath of Khan.
Post Reply