Exiled - R2UK vs R1US

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Exiled - R2UK vs R1US

Post by Beat TG »

Screen caps

R2 Top, R1 Bottom

Last edited by Beat TG on 26 Aug 2010, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I just got the Optimum dvd and the image definitely much better than on the HK disc.

But, does anyone else have problems playing Optimum dvds? Once again I had to make dvd-9 copy because my Pioneer stars shaking when I insert the disc (and even jammed with the Optimum logo in the beginning of the film).

I don't know if it's something with the (physical) disc or encoding. I re-encoded the content just to make sure and that my copy will work perfectly.

It's not the first time either. In fact, I have half of the Optimum Sonny Chiba dvds as copies as the originals had the same problem. And my player isn't especially sensitive. Has played a few thousand dvds without problems. Only Optimum dvds seem to give it hard time.

Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Post by Beat TG »

Optimum uses a different type of disc (thiner than the usual). and yeah, it's got few problems (like taking a bit too long to load when, for example, moving from scene to scene manually). It's fine otherwise.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Ah, that explains why the disc is shaking inside my player. Thanks.

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

When did they start doing this? My Piano SE from 2006 worked fine in my Pioneer DVD Player. I've not tried it in my LG HD Player.

I also have 3 other Optimum DVDs and 1 HD-DVD. I don't think I've tried those yet. Actually I think "Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" worked in my Pioneer too.

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Mega Star vs Optimum

Sorry I can't add caps to Beat's comparison because I got rid of my HK disc a long time ago. But I found these HK caps on my HD, so here's a comparison to the Optimum release,

Top: Mega Star HK
Bottom: Optimum UK