VERY cheap Classic Doctor Who DVDs at Zavvi

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

VERY cheap Classic Doctor Who DVDs at Zavvi

Post by bradavon »

Zavvi used to be Virgin Mega Store:

They all say 1-2 weeks or 2-4 weeks but at these prices who cares, free postage too:

Robot (Tom Baker): £3.99
Inferno (Jon Pertwee): £3.99
Timelash (Colin Baker): £3.99
Survival (Sylvester McCoy): £2.99

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/
Last edited by bradavon on 01 Mar 2008, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Which is considered the best and/or a real classic? I'm only interested in picking up one, even at those prices.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:Which is considered the best and/or a real classic? I'm only interested in picking up one, even at those prices.
tight bastard :wink:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I know :D

But considering how long they are it would take me forever to get through them. I still have other Doctor Who DVDs to watch.

It was a toss up between Robot (Tom Baker) and Inferno (Jon Pertwee). The best (for the most part) Classic Who was after all made in the 70s.

I went for Inferno as it looks to have the edge over Robot, it's the only one which is a 2 disc SE, it's double the length as the rest and I have no Pertwee in my collection.

It will go nicely with my:

Genesis of the Daleks - Tom Baker
The Caves of Androzani - Peter Davison
The Beginning box set - William Hartnell
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Inferno is my fave story of the series
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Do you mean Doctor Who in general or the Classic Series? I do hear it's very good. My copy is still on "Back Order".

These are all now £6.99. Thanks btw.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380
Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05

Post by Killer Meteor »

Doctor Who in general. Not keen on the New Series at all
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.