Page 1 of 1

Sharp 46" FULL HD LCD TV £619

Posted: 15 Nov 2007, 16:19
by bradavon
http://www.musthave100.co.uk/index.php? ... t_id=16464

They also had a 32" LCD TV for £100 the other week, that's now out of stock:

http://www.musthave100.co.uk/index.php? ... t_id=16467

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 18:59
by saltysam
the website has disappeared,no-one got their tellies and the police are involved :?

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 19:50
by bradavon
Wholly shit WOW!

It's not often an e-tailor is "that" dodgy.

Posted: 03 Dec 2007, 23:33
by IronMonkey
You trusted a site called musthave100.co.uk? :o

I wouldn't have a Sharp LCD TV if it was given to me. They're awful.

Posted: 04 Dec 2007, 02:36
by bradavon
IronMonkey wrote:You trusted a site called musthave100.co.uk? :o
Like BlahDVD is a lot better ;)
IronMonkey wrote:I wouldn't have a Sharp LCD TV if it was given to me. They're awful.
If you ever find yourself with a spare spare Sharp TV I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Posted: 04 Dec 2007, 08:43
by IronMonkey
bradavon wrote:Like BlahDVD is a lot better ;)
I've never shopped there... ;)
bradavon wrote:If you ever find yourself with a spare spare Sharp TV I'd be happy to take it off your hands.
I'd gladly give you it.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 15:41
by grim_tales
Whats wrong with them (Sharp TVs)? :?

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 16:36
by romerojpg
Sharp some are great, some are not, like most makes :D

Still what do people expect buying stuff that expensive from sites they have never heard of? Maybe if you spent a smaller amount then yes its ok, but many hundreds on sites like that, people need their heads looking at.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 16:47
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Whats wrong with them (Sharp TVs)? :?
I dont have a SHARP LCD, but I do have a Sharp widescreen tv, and that just plain sucks.
The TV has a 'noise' from the speakers at all time, which is awfull. The reaction to the remote isnt great, and it only has 1 RGB scart port, and 2 other scartports which are awfull.

Image-wise it's good enough (after you adjusted the brightness, and contrast etc), but it's still a piece of shit TV tbh. I'll buy a big HD screen early next year to replace my Sharp. I will never ever buy a Sharp again btw.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 17:19
by romerojpg
Big difference between TV and LCD :D its like comparing a Mouse to a Cow.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 17:46
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:Whats wrong with them (Sharp TVs)? :?
Nothing for the likes of you and I. Mr. AV may beg to differ.

As long as the LCD TV is either HD Ready of Full HD, is 100Hz, has Freeview and has at least two HDMI ports you cannot really go wrong. That said I'm not sure I'd get a make I've never heard of IMO. I'd probably get another Samsung if I was going to buy one, they're a fair price and decent too.
romerojpg wrote:Big difference between TV and LCD :D its like comparing a Mouse to a Cow.
Agreed. CRT and LCD is an entirely different technology that cannot be compared against.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 18:13
by romerojpg
Neither can one LCD aganst another from the same makers either :D

Some of the cheaper LCD's/crap models from big brands you can see easily that some are just shit, you do not have to be an AV entusiast to see a shit screen with massive problems. I have been over friends houses watching their big screens, and I had to look away, they were shocking. I wouldnt even bother if I had to go for a piece of shit as my main screen.

Posted: 18 Dec 2007, 18:32
by bradavon
It is shocking what some people will put up with or simply don't care as they couldn't be bothered to do any research or they've got a faulty unit but will put up with it anyway.

My Dad's uber shit 28" WS CRT TV has completely lost it's geometry and everyonebody looks like the leaning tower of piza. It's truly awful. I cannot work out how he puts up with it.

His equally crap analogue only DVD Recorder only records from a schedule point when it feels like it. He's just as likely to get nothing as what it's supposed to record. Yet again he's fooled himself into thinking it works. Oh and when it's first turned on it sounds like a jet engine. He's taken it back to Dixons three times in the past 2-3 years. I've told him to demand a new model but he won't.