The Emmanuelle Collection - R1 boxset

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

The Emmanuelle Collection - R1 boxset

Post by grim_tales »

Are the next 2 films (number 2 and 3) any good? The first is not that great but OK (its' better in its' original French), and not a bad film in its' genre (IMO). I have the first 1 on VHS (taped off TV so it may be cut).

According to Anchor Bay, all 3 films have "widescreen, uncut prints", I'm not sure if they're remastered or anamorphic though. The old letterbox print (on the Fox Lorber R1) of the first Emmanuelle looked awful.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd

:D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The first is not that great but OK (its' better in its' original French), and not a bad film in its' genre (IMO). I have the first 1 on VHS (taped off TV so it may be cut).
If the film is just OK why would you buy it? Haven't seen it myself. Not really into soft porn (at least I assume it's soft?).

Of the original series... with Sylvia Krystel

2,4 are uncut in the UK on DVD (from Momentum).

1,3 appear to be still censored. The first for rape. Not sure about the third. Likely the same (or hardcore?)

So I guess you should go for the Anchor Bay set... if only for the complete versions.

There are so many "Emmanuelle" films that it's easy to get confused.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Perhaps I wont buy it, I was just curious, as I recently revisited the VHS and found it OK thats all.
You're right about the censoring of 1 for rape/sexual violence, which would never be allowed back in.
Havent seen the 2nd and 3rd though. As you say I think only the first 4 (?) have Kristel in, there about 30 million Emmanuelle movies with different actresses (In Prison, In Soho, In America, In Hong Kong...) ;)

Yes you're right, its mostly softcore.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt know the UK DVD of 2 was uncut, IMDB say the UK runtime of 2 is 84 minutes, and the Australian runtime is 92 minutes :? Are you sure?
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The BBFC claim it's uncut. But it's always worth checking elsewhere...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Perhaps the Australian release is a different print. IMDB make no mention alternate cuts.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Strange that the BBFC claim 2 is uncut, according to Rewind No. 2 is cut by 30s but No 3 is uncut :?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hang on, Rewind is wrong. The film is uncut (according to BBFC), Rewind are mixed up. :) They were comparing a cut earlier release by Universal.