Page 1 of 1
CDWOW keeps delaying dispatch...
Posted: 25 Oct 2007, 14:49
by Yi-Long
Anyone else having trouble with CDWOW!?
I ordered Rome from them 3,5 weeks ago (Season 1, ordered 2 boxes), and ever since it's been dispatch delay after dispatch delay.
I've already had 4 emails with 'order-delay', starting the 2nd of october, and today I received the 4th...
Also, I ordered Knockabout and Bangkok Dangerous from them, and those were supposedly dispatched on the 3rd of October, but also still havent arrived.

Posted: 25 Oct 2007, 15:01
by bradavon
Does it say dispatched for the last 2 on your order status? If so I'd e-mail CD WOW and asks what's up. If they did dispatch it they should send you out new copies by now, as less likely to turn up now.
I'm having no problems. Sorry to hear you are.
Posted: 25 Oct 2007, 15:12
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:Does it say dispatched for the last 2 on your order status? If so I'd e-mail CD WOW and asks what's up. If they did dispatch it they should send you out new copies by now, as less likely to turn up now.
I'm having no problems. Sorry to hear you are.
Yeah... I'll go check the status in a minute, but I recieved a dispatched email for both those items, so I'd think their status would be 'sent'
I'm pretty patient, and usually it takes about 7-14 days to arrive... but like I said, it's been 3 weeks now, so I'm starting to worry. I'll wait untill tomorrow, and if it hasnt arrived by then, I will email them to ask what's up.
This sucks though. I have my mail delivered at my girlfriend's house because my local mail isnt reliable, so I'd hate to think that from now on I cant trust her local mail either. Havent had any problems so far with her mail, but still. They need to come up with something that ensures mail isnt getting 'lost' so often.
Dumbass posties. If I ever decide to go on a raving killing spree... they'll be on my 'list' (right behind fraudulant and right-wing populist politicians...)

Posted: 25 Oct 2007, 23:01
by thelostdragon
LOL, the longest I have waited was almost 3 months.
However, I just received "Lost - Season 3" today and it was shipped out about 2 weeks ago.
Posted: 25 Oct 2007, 23:36
by bradavon
thelostdragon wrote:LOL, the longest I have waited was almost 3 months.
I wouldn't have waited that long. 4 weeks maximum and it gets cancelled, and I go elsewhere.
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 01:57
by Yi-Long
I just logged into CDWOW and contacted them about the 2 DVDs I ordered which still havent arrived yet, and I noticed that they have despatched my Rome Boxsets yesterday, so hopefully those WILL arrive without any problems.
Gawd, I hate being so dependent on scummy post-office employees and mailmen...
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 02:09
by Yi-Long
Holy Crap! I just emailed CD wow about 20 minutes orso ago about the problem, and already they responded and asked to verify the deliverydetails!
Talk about fast/good service!
Amazing.
You know, stuff like your packages not arriving in the post, really makes you skeptical about ordering from a site again... but CDWOW's customersupport has always been very good with me.

Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 02:42
by Yi-Long
Just received word back again that apparently I fucked up on the streetname or something, as it wasnt the same name as the one I just confirmed.
A bit weird, as I usually check all the details pretty carefully before I press send.
the only other streetname I COULD have used and maybe mixed it up with, is my OWN streetname. I usually have all my mail send to my girl's house, as my local postoffice is pretty unreliable... so I just mailed them back to see if maybe I used my own streetname by accident...
Weird...
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 02:50
by bradavon
Don't you have a CD WOW account? If so it saves the postal address so all you have to do is select it each time. I know you can still order without an account but only someone who wants to use them once and no more would do that.
Once CD WOW have despatched it you cannot keep blaming them

Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 03:14
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:Don't you have a CD WOW account? If so it saves the postal address so all you have to do is select it each time. I know you can still order without an account but only someone who wants to use them once and no more would do that.
Once CD WOW have despatched it you cannot keep blaming them

That's the weird thing, cause I DO have a cdwow account, and I DID use a saved deliveryaddress (my girlfriend's). I'm 99% positive.
But when I check my account NOW, I cant find that saved adress anymore, so I have no clue as to what could have happened.
I'm sure I had it, though.
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 10:30
by saltysam
cd-wow sent me the wrong dvd the other day.when i contacted them they replied quickly,told me they'd ship out a replacement with a freepost envelope to return the wrong disc.i thought returns had to be sent to cyprus at our cost these days?
Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 17:18
by Yi-Long
Apparantly, I fucked up the streetadress, so I used MY streetname, yet all the other details of my girlfriend's adress. So I guess it's now somewhere on a pile of 'we dont know that street!' mail in Eindhoven that they cant deliver.
I do fear about my Rome boxsets, which I ordered on the same day... (but a few hours later), and maybe they have the same mistake in the adress.
Man what a hassle. But not CDWOW's mistake, but my own

Posted: 05 Nov 2007, 17:56
by bradavon
saltysam wrote:i thought returns had to be sent to cyprus at our cost these days?
They pulled that one for a wee while but are now back to a Freepost UK address, see here:
http://www.cd-wow.com/faq.php
How Europeans not living in the UK fair I do not know.
It's strange they send out a Freepost parcel which costs them money to send an envelope (how dumb is that?). You'd think they just say return it in the packaging it came in and put the Freepost address on it.
Yi-Long wrote:But not CDWOW's mistake, but my own

Now say three Hail Mary's for doubting them

Posted: 21 Nov 2007, 12:32
by saltysam
ordered a shaws from cd-wow late monday night,got a despatch email yesterday and dvd turned up today!around 36 hours from ordering to receiving

Posted: 20 Dec 2007, 09:46
by grim_tales
Still waiting for a Xmas present for my brother ordered on the 12 December

Posted: 20 Dec 2007, 15:24
by bradavon
You are kidding right? 8 Days at Xmas!
It took HMV 17 days to ship my order. It was due for a Birthday on the 15th too.
Posted: 20 Dec 2007, 17:52
by grim_tales
There's a problem with their suppliers or something - poo

Posted: 20 Dec 2007, 22:19
by bradavon
And where did you get that idea from exactly? Oh did they tell you that? It still has time. You may want to cancel it and buy it in a shop though.
I don't know the numbers but I could easily believe CD WOW and all other e-tailors are at least 10 times busier at Xmas.
Thankfully all my Xmas stuff has shipped except for my Amazon.co.uk order (£30 of books) which Amazon have said will be with me by the 24th and they will upgrade any order to Special Delivery if need be.
Posted: 20 Dec 2007, 22:36
by grim_tales
Yeah they told me that Brad, sorry for not being clearer.
I would ordered it from Play but it was OOS and Amazon were too expensive